New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dead Secret is getting a sequel!

CalmfixupCalmfixup Posts: 288
Nexus 6
edited July 2017 in General
https://www.roadtovr.com/dead-secret-getting-sequel-coming-later-year/

Anyone else stoked for this? I loved Dead Secret - it was one of those titles that I bought a few months back on sale and fell in love with. I played the entire thing in 2 sittings just because I was riveted. Great use of suspense and atmosphere instead of jump scares. 

If you haven't played it and feel like laying your Touch controllers down for a bit I'd definitely recommend a playthrough!

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,120 Valuable Player
    I saw news of this earlier. The first time I got killed freaked the ever living shite out of me lol

I'm going to be all over the sequel.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    This was one of my favorite games early on, would love a sequel. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,608 Valuable Player
    This is an automatic purchase. Love it!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,967 Volunteer Moderator
    I bought Dead Secret in one of the sales last year. I guess I'm going to have to get around to playing it soon. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    nalex66 said:
    I bought Dead Secret in one of the sales last year. I guess I'm going to have to get around to playing it soon. 
    Do it!

I've beaten it start to finish, twice. I'm going for a third before the sequel is released.
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    I loved Dead Secret, except for holding perfectly still so as not to misalign my self from my in game body. They should redesign that....gameplay.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I did not hold still, though I would have to recenter periodically, wasn't a huge issue.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    It's sleeping in my library. Will surely try it out when I can. But right now I am busy trying out titles that I bought on steam recently, deciding on whether I need to get refund for any of them.
  • PablitoPablito Posts: 361
    Trinity
    Dead Secret was and still is a delight to play.  I read the article and did not see any claim that it would be realed for Oculus.  Did I miss something?
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 224
    Nexus 6
    would be nice to have a wilson's heart kinda gameplay in this one !!
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    So, anyone played this sequel? Any good?

I enjoyed the first game so I'm tempted by this but reviews seem to be almost no existent.
    Applecorp said:
    So, anyone played this sequel? Any good?

I enjoyed the first game so I'm tempted by this but reviews seem to be almost no existent.

I beat it last week. It's good from the story perspective, but it's not quite the same in terms of game depth and puzzle complexity. Although as a fan of the story I could recommend it.

Story Spoiler incoming...

You start off as the same Journalist. Some time has passed, and it picks up from the ending where you allowed Josie (the killer) to live. She is in a mental hospital (allegedly).

The interesting thing is that in the first game you were able to use that Dream Machine, as did Josie. As a result, you may be both 'linked' somehow. Your own mental instability begins to come forth and your psychosis slowly unravels as you track a new killer.

There's a chance that Josie may be following you, as either friend or foe. There's also a chance that you, yourself, have begun taking on the role of Josie.

dun dun dun!