I wanted to share a short update with some of the changes and improvements we've made since Spaces launched. Here are some highlights of both the user-facing and under-the-hood improvements we've made that will lay the foundation for bigger updates soon to come
- Avatar Mirror Improvements: It's much easier to select different facial features in the mirror when creating and customizing your avatar.
- Search for Friends: We've added a virtual keyboard and the ability to search for your friends to Invite or Call them. No more paging through friends to find someone manually!
- Messenger: You can now resize your Messenger call and respond quickly to messages with 'Like' so you don't have to take off your headset.
- Experimental Feature - Desktop: Under 'Settings' you'll find a new 'Experimental Features' option. When you turn it on, a new 'Desktop' icon will appear on your tool shelf. Grabbing it will bring your Windows desktop into your space along with a wrist menu option to show it to your friends in your space. We've been using this to develop Spaces in Spaces (meta!) and play games together. We're testing to see if it's a useful way for people to do even more things together in Spaces. Note: If you click 'Show,' anyone in your space can see your desktop, but it will not show up outside of the app in Messenger or selfies.
- Tons of bugfixes, performance, and latency improvements.
We're excited to see what you do with the new updates!! Share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback here so we know how you're using Spaces or what we're missing and can be improved.