Preta: Vendetta Rising User Reviews — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Preta: Vendetta Rising User Reviews

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,655 Valuable Player
edited July 2017 in Games and Apps
Please post your rating taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Preta: Vendetta Rising User Reviews 6 votes

5 STARS
33%
arschleichervanfanel 2 votes
4 STARS
33%
Shadowmask72Superman217 2 votes
3 STARS
16%
death_by_pony 1 vote
2 STARS
16%
Pablito 1 vote
1 STARS
0%
Tagged:

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,655 Valuable Player
    edited July 2017
    4 STARS
    Over 20 hours in this game now and I will reiterate despite earlier comments ,  I've not spent a single penny/dime to progress aside from using the $90 bonus you get buying the game now in early access. There are micro-transactions which aid the speed of progression but these are optional. That said, this is a very grindy game and if you like this approach then you'll get your monies worth. 

As an Early Access game this is quite polished with some decent and not so decent design choices. It's a hack 'n' slasher game with role playing elements although it relies on crafting items to level up the character rather than killing mobs. You'll spend a lot of time replaying levels to farm for materials required to craft new gear.

As for the VR itself, it's not first person but offers two view distances behind the character. You have to snap the camera into position whilst fighting and traversing the levels - which are mostly quite dark and moody. There's actually little level variety so far and I am now in chapter 2. VR provides a neat sense of scale and being involved more in the game than 2D does.

With some refinement I believe this could be a great game. It's not as deep as Chronos or as varied but is comfortable and fun to play. There is online co-op in raids against boss characters but I believe they might add more co-op missions in the future.  For hack and slashers I would definitely recommend this game.

Note: The developers have said that to play this in 2D (if you want to break for VR but keep playing) then it's best to purchase the Steam version as 2D isn't an option via the Oculus Store version.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • death_by_ponydeath_by_pony Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    3 STARS
    Gave it a 3
    Since this game is only in early access i dont think its fair to give this game a bad review, however it shows that one day i might play some really cool looking "top down" games on the rift!