cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you think Real-estate Shopping will change because of VR?

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

Just looking at zillows overhead map that shows every residence
with an estimated price; if it has a red dot over it than it is on the market,
if you click on that residence you will get information on the property and
usually a lot of pictures. How easy would it be to now to start taking 3d 360 photos
of every room combined with some other simple programing like teleportation
spots to change the way people search for property? It is not just a gimmick
you would gain so much more information than trying figure out peoples selective
pictures on the property, if you have ever been real-estate shopping most of
those pictures are grossly inaccurate when you go to the actual place.

3 REPLIES 3

falken76
Expert Consultant
It would pick up with mass adoption, it would be more apt to be used with mobile devices, Gear VR has such high numbers because they use it as a bribe tool in order to get you to sign up for another 2 year contract.  Hopefully it'll happen soon....

kernow
Heroic Explorer
The apartment that I am living now had semi-3D walk-throughs of the available units. It wasn't VR enabled, but you could look around and see different views, go from room to room. Not sure who does the website, but if I ever run into them, I'll likely suggest making a fully VR-enabled version.

flexy123
Superstar
It will come when MORE people have access to affordable VR. Like online education, art, entertainment, social and X and Y and Z in VR. The number of people being able to get VR, is the key.

That being said, short story here: We moved to Spain some years back. We checked out our first apartment on the website, and it looked just beautiful. Nice pictures, etc.etc...  WE THOUGHT.

Arriving in Spain, the apartment turned out a total dud. (No A/C (!!!), in scorching hot Spain, and no water in the pool because the pool was broken...and probably still is to this day 🙂 Fortunately, the agency we rent from immediately sensed our disappointment and we got into another apt which had everything and then some, 1000x better). So checking out real estate in VR....heck yeah!