Hello and welcome. You're probably having a blast with the 7 free games you were offered as part of the promo deal but don't let that stop you from checking out some of the other stuff.
First things first though. VR LEGS, no this isn't a dodgy chat up line but something every new rifter needs to know about from the VR 101 book.
Don't jump into games that offer full locomotion (like you're possibly used to with 2D games) otherwise you might get VR sickness which can put you out of action for a few hours. In those games you need to ease yourself in over a period of days and weeks until your body becomes acclimatized to the weird sensation of moving in VR when you're seated or standing.
Play for 15 minutes, take a break then resume later until you feel comfortable to push for a longer session. If at any time you start to feel a bit sickly, remove the headset and take a break until the feeling subsides. This is your body's natural reaction to what it thinks is being poisoned believe it or not. Drink too much alcohol and you fall over and or be sick. Do too much VR and you can also fall over and be sick. LOL.
Right then, warning out the way here are my picks.Windlands
For a cheap game a lot of people here have said is a great VR experience which makes you feel like Spider-Man.Chronos
is an excellent VR adventure that's more relaxing due to not using a first person view.Eve Valkyrie
is a neat space shooter although you need more advanced VR legs for this.Job Sim/Rick & Morty
is an excellent introduction to motion control interaction.Elite Dangerous
- epic space sim. Quite a deep experience and time consuming but if you want to get lost in VR then this is the one.Project CARS/Dirt Rally
- the former is just great to experience being in the driving seat putting 2D driving games to shame. However, view distance quality is reduced. The latter is mental and with the twists, jumps and rolls is like a roller coaster ride with a time limit.Google Earth
- Incredible to land in your neighborhood (a little rough around the edges when up close) and then fly around into space like Superman.RAW Data -
intense but similar to Robo Recall. Batman Arkham VR -
very short but shows off some great visuals.Bigscreen Beta
- Free app for social or solo movie watching and more.VR Kanojo
- If you're gonna VR porn game then try this. It might not be free but it's polished and doesn't require you to jump through hoops to play. That said, there are a number of free demos and other games worth checking out
.Dead Effect 2
- Not too much fanfare regarding this game but it's pretty sweet if you're after a traditional FPS game. Watch those VR Legs though.
System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.