New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Kinda bored at the moment.

TomTom1298TomTom1298 Posts: 38
Brain Burst
So, since i've played alot games.
Games like: Space Pirate Trainer, Robo Recall (Which i'm terrible at), AltSpace VR (Lovely), Lucky's Tale (kinda cool/fun) EVE: Valkery (AWESOME), ADR1FT (Mwah...) MISSION:ISS (Kinda ok) 

But, i'm looking for new games. 
I do like games like EVE:Valkery, Lucky's Tale & AltSpaceVR. 
So, it actauly must be a Online-Multiplayer game. But i can't find one. The Thumbnail Picture's don't impress me. 

So, what do you guys play. And what would you absolutely recommend?

I like SCI-FI Games. But there are ton's of SCI-FI Games already xD.
Openworld (like GTA xD) is cool. 

I like racing too. I have Project Cars//// . But my experience was terrible. The steering was terrible. I wasn't really able to stear normaly. Same for gassing and braking.

Let me know!

Thank you!

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,650 Valuable Player
    Star Trek? Great fun online :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
  • TomTom1298TomTom1298 Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    Star Trek. Nah sorry. I don't like Star Wars and Star Wars related games/videos. 
    RecRoom. I have downloaded it. Not installed it yet. I thought it was a
    bad rip-off from AltSpace VD. So didn't wanted to waste time on it. But I'm going to give it a try. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 8,006 Power Poster
    Rec Room and Dead & Buried are great fun, plus both are free.

Echo Arena is already becoming a multiplayer favorite. There's also Battle Zone for pure co-op.
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

• cleanupdisccleanupdisc Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    YOU DONT LIKE STAR WARS !!!???
  • SapowiTzSapowiTz Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    What about Assetto Corsa? I just bought a 2nd Oculus Rift for in-home SimRacing Multiplayer in Assetto Corsa! Look beautiful with Pixel Density at 1.5 and in generel way better than Project Cars 1 imo!

Sadly it has no menus in VR so I use Virtual Desktop for navigating the menus between races
    Brain Burst
    I've played Rec Room. It was great for 1/2 hours. Then it's get boring. Like every game on the world. It's going to be fun tomorrow again. So yeah. i liked it!

And SapowiTz. If i look for vids on YouTube. They all have a steering wheel and stuff. And i don't :P. 
  • SapowiTzSapowiTz Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    edited July 16
    TomTom1298 Yeah well... SimRacing games should be played with at least a steeringwheel and pedal setup :) Playing with a controller is only for arcade racing! :P

But actually there is some decent guides for the xbox controller settings for Project Cars... drove with a controller for 14 days with a little tweaking, but eventually I bought a wheel/pedal
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 627
    Neo
     The steering of some of the cars in project cars is awful. I picked an American car, and I was doing donuts without wanting to. Right out of the gate, it was like driving on ice. Absolutely terrible! The steering/handling on some of the cars in the game is better than others, but, if you like driving games, you might wish to try dirt rally instead, which I think is more realistic (I also prefer driving solo than against NPCs). 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 1,652 Poster of the Week
    Onward is a good game, Pavlov looks good because it looks like the Dev basically copied Counterstrike.  I got project cars and I hate it, maybe there's a setting but I get motion sick even trying that game because the horizon wasn't locked in place like real life.  I felt as ripped off when I got that as I did Adrift.  Adrift SUCKS, it makes me sick as hell.  Those games are the reason I will usually buy a game on steam over oculus if it's available on both.  I can get a refund if I don't like the game and steam is actually populated so you can find multiplayer games with other players easily.

VR Golf club is really good if you like golf, but I think it's lacking in multiplayer options.  Thrill of the Fight is really fun but you will sweat hard when playing this and by 2nd round most people would be done unless they're in shape.  Arizona Sunshine is fun if you like zombie games, It has a co-op multi player mode but I've never seen anyone online, maybe steam has better online options I don't know.  There's another boxing game that is similar in function to Mike Tysons Punch out.  Airmech command was good until they ruined it with the touch controller upgrade now it sucks and multiplayer has always been broken.  I'm sure there are others out there.  Those are a few of the games I enjoy.
  • ExpediterExpediter Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    Onward ! 

Its an amazing multiplayer game and has a very healthy league that has close to 30 teams spanning 3 devisions. 

Onward just released at patch yesterday that added solo play vs ai bots and an ability to roam the maps solo so you can plan your attack paths for when your ready to play multiplayer. 

The new ingame tutorial will help you get up to speed on the basic mechanics and the solo ai mode is great for training your aim. 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,452 Poster of the Week
    No ones mentioning Elite Dangerous?

thats not a game its an experience!!!
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Brain Burst
     The steering of some of the cars in project cars is awful. I picked an American car, and I was doing donuts without wanting to. Right out of the gate, it was like driving on ice. Absolutely terrible! The steering/handling on some of the cars in the game is better than others, but, if you like driving games, you might wish to try dirt rally instead, which I think is more realistic (I also prefer driving solo than against NPCs). 
    I've had the same experience. Just tryed 1 car. I did not know you could use other cars too. xD

This song came up when you told me your experience
    Brain Burst
    Expediter said:
    Onward ! 

Its an amazing multiplayer game and has a very healthy league that has close to 30 teams spanning 3 devisions. 

Onward just released at patch yesterday that added solo play vs ai bots and an ability to roam the maps solo so you can plan your attack paths for when your ready to play multiplayer. 

The new ingame tutorial will help you get up to speed on the basic mechanics and the solo ai mode is great for training your aim. 
    I've tried Onward. And I did a refund request
    Brain Burst
    vannagirl said:

It's like EVE:Valkery, right? 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 8,006 Power Poster
    ED is far more in-depth than Eve Valkyrie. ED has an entire world that you can pretty much "live in," with the factions and currency system. In contrast, Eve is just a PvP shooter where the player spends time running through endless maps. Similar to PvP in BattleField and Halo.

ED is a persistent world.
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 2,630 Valuable Player
    edited July 16
    ED can also be quite lonely, but then again I think that's part of the appeal. Lost in Space and all that.

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 101
    Hiro Protagonist
    If you liked luckys tale look into witchblood. Awesome but short game 
  • DanielMistDanielMist Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Shameless plug... Karnage Chronicles ;-)
    Nordic Trolls Art Director
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 380
    Trinity
    Echo Arena is so much fun. You need to get into that. :)

Also try Onward. They've just released an update with single player, so you can learn the game and its mechanics before jumping  into multiplayer.
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 261
    Nexus 6
    If you like racing games I recommend taking a look at Dirt Rally. Of all the racing games this is my favorite by far.
    While many don't like the fact that you are only racing against the clock and not direct opponents (except for Rallycross) I prefer the greater variety and undpredictabitly on long rally stages compared to racing circuits. And drifting on gravel is really fun!
    Also I find it's the most immersive VR conversion of all the racing games. All the cars have very distinct behavior, sound and "feel". The graphics is great.
    But it's a simulation heavy game and not easy to learn. A decent FFB steering wheel is highly recommended.

• BilbosmegginsBilbosmeggins Posts: 246 Poster of the Week
    Can't believe that no-one has given IL2 a shout out.  Multiplayer or single player.  The best software on the rift IMHO.

• Jonfl1Jonfl1 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Can't believe that no-one has given IL2 a shout out.  Multiplayer or single player.  The best software on the rift IMHO.
    Aside from DCS, RIGHT?!? ;)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 784
    3Jane

Agreed, I have logged many hours into IL-2 since their VR support was added and am having a blast with it. My number one go to combat flight sim currently. 
    They did an absolute incredible job with their VR for this game.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • andysonofbobandysonofbob Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    edited July 19
    vannagirl said:

This!!!

How... HOW have you not played Elite Dangerous?!

You haven't fully experienced VR until you have played Elite Dangerous!  Make sure you get the expansion Horizons.  It added planetary landings on any planet without atmospheres.  That is a euphemism for canyon running!  Essential for VR.

PS
    EvE V is NOT like ED.  Is Doom like Gone Home?

• LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 261
    Nexus 6
    I found there's several versions of IL2. On the website I find "Battle of Moscow" and "Battle of Stalingrad". On Steam there's also "Cliffs of Dover" and "1946".

Do they all support VR? There's no mention of VR at all on either their website or on Steam.
  • BilbosmegginsBilbosmeggins Posts: 246 Poster of the Week
    edited July 20
    Both Battle of Stalingrad, and Battle of Moscow have VR support, and work "out of the box", so to speak.  1946 is getting long in the tooth now, and Cliffs of Dover was a mess when released, and had to be heavily modded to bring it up to scratch.  Both BoS and BoM will serve you fine.  If you purchase through Steam, I think that you have to own BoS in order to play BoM.  If you go directly to the store you can purchase BoM there, and bypass BoS if you wish.  Also, if you own BoS, then the makers are currently running 40% off Moscow.

On Steam, check the reviews, where there are loads of VR comments (mainly great).  On the makers' site check this link:  https://il2sturmovik.com/news/303/update-2009-vr/

Also, a VR subforum on their site:  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/109-virtual-reality-and-vr-controllers/
  • dburnedburne Posts: 784
    3Jane
    Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow, both by same devs, are the latest and only ones supporting VR. I would suggest starting with Battle of Stalingrad, as it was the first of the series. 
    The VR implementation in this sim is fantastic. 
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,597
    3Jane
    edited July 20
    right now I play onward, ETS2, city car driving and neon retro arcade. i just got golf club vr but havent played it yet. most other stuff bores me.

notice that most of the games i like are "real" and not "fantasy" games. i think these kind of games are better aligned with the VR experience. although the doom3 vr mod w/ touch support is quite good.
    But it could buy me a boat
    It could buy me a truck to pull it
    It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets
    Brain Burst
    Battle of Stalingrad. It looks good. But not my kinda type of game. I like planes and stuff. But then modern flight games :D 

ETS2 Mwah. I Don't like trucks that much. And i expected better graphics for that game.

city car driving Looks cool, but it requires a steering wheel. Which i don't have xd.

neon retro arcade If it's free. Then it's cool. But i won't pay for it xD.