Still getting error when adding payment method — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Still getting error when adding payment method

DavyBatsDavyBats Posts: 42
Brain Burst
No info is wrong. Simply wont let me add a payment method to buy anything from the store. Another day, another problem with Oculus. Somebody other than the mod please help because I know im just going to be told "Please submit a support ticket", which is valid but CS doesnt respond for at least 5 days or more.

Comments

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    yes a ticket is the only valid way, no one here will be able to deal with billing not even Cyber if i understand

have you try browser change, do you have a phone or tablet you can try, or any other device to what you are using?

i have had portal issues on other sites, the above has always worked for me.
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • SnackyAUSnackyAU Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    Sucks that you are having issue .. if you have yet to tie anything to your account and are able to start fresh would that help? Or have you already tied games / information to the account in question?

• mvosonegromvosonegro Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I have submitted a support ticket but from another post here, I am not hopeful.  I tried 3 different cards, 2 different PC browsers, I tried my phone and my tablet and still not able to enter a payment option.  I have stuff already on this account and don't want to start over.
  • DavyBatsDavyBats Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    CS is an absolute joke. I submitted a ticket and they marked it as solved.. nothing about my problem was never even dealt with nevermind solved...
    Brain Burst
    I have tried different devices and browsers..
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,530 Volunteer Moderator
    Have you tried doing it directly in the Oculus app? Click the little gear symbol at the top and you can enter a payment method in Settings/Payment.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Brain Burst
    Yes. No dice.
    Brain Burst
    They marked my ticket as solved with no response or no fix to my account. I dont understand this company.
  • koile87koile87 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, about 2 years ago i purchased some games for my gear vr with my credit card. Now that I have my rift i cannot add any payment methods. 

Did you get a solution, yet?
  • What1711What1711 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    me too. i opened a ticket many months ago when i first started having this problem. support told me to "check credit card information to make sure its correct." im speechless. do ya think maybe i already tried that?  enough of my rudeness. 

i recently tried buying things again, to no avail. same problems. i cant add any ccs. i can add paypal but then i get the "permissions error" where i cant buy anything anyway. i wanted to buy all the packs from the summer sale, but that ships sailed. now there are other games on sale that i want. i feel oculus doesnt want my money >.<
  • Luya21Luya21 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I have the same issue it won't let me purchase anything with that error when there is nothingwrongwith my card
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry, I'm not sure what the issue is. Best to submit a support ticket for assistance. 
    https://support.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Luya21Luya21 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2017
    I have 5 now and never got back from them for a week now
  • MadMan79MadMan79 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Dealing with this issue too. I have to give props where deserved and the support team has been all over this issue. No resolution yet, but they're in contact with me on a consistent basis.
  • NugTheNuggetNugTheNugget Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Did you guys ever get a fix? I just got this problem now and it’s very frustrating. 
  • griet.verbekegriet.verbeke Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same problem. Does anyone has the solution?
  • dshulman111dshulman111 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same problem...i just wanna play superhot
  • JlheerJlheer Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    *Solved?* (Worked for me)
    You probable maked your account with a existant facebook account right? Then follow my instructions

-Disconnect your facebook account from the oculus account (On the app)

-Fabric reset your quest/rift s/rift/go

-Erase all the data from your oculus app and uninstall it

-Re-install the oculus app and login with the same account (already disconnected from the facebook account)

-Do all the setup, You can add the payment method in the setup process (Should accept now the card/paypal) or do it later, It should still work.

-Enjoy!

Discovered this myself by the way. (Only the "Facebook disconnect and erase data and uninstall" part)