New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Feature request and question about physics engine.

I’d love to be able to either grab with index finger button or at least release the disc or from a surface with it. My hands are slightly to big to let go of the middle finger button while continuing to hold onto the controller with my other two fingers. 

After getting acclimated during the first beta I was fiddling with the wrist thruster physics and noticed they don’t work as I’d logically think they would. 

Standing still hold for example your right arm bent across your torso thruster pointing left. Now do the reverse, left arm bent behind your back thrusters aiming right. Again logically that should allow you to spin in place.

Having the physics function that way would open a s**t ton of  maneuverability options up. Being able to turn in place and do barrel rolls while in forward movement without the need to use the joysticks. 

For me personally the joysticks are way to immersion breaking. With a game that feels so naturally intuitive, using the joysticks for those types of movements just kills it for me.

Not that I won’t be throwing my money at you sometime this week to preorder, I haven’t played a multiplayer game this much since project gotham way back on the first Xbox. Love this game! Keep up the incredible work!

Bill

Comments

• BB_CoolcatBB_Coolcat Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    After getting acclimated during the first beta I was fiddling with the wrist thruster physics and noticed they don’t work as I’d logically think they would. 
    Standing still hold for example your right arm bent across your torso thruster pointing left. Now do the reverse, left arm bent behind your back thrusters aiming right. Again logically that should allow you to spin in place.

I'm pretty sure that would make you puke, which is probably the reason they disabled this by default ;) But there are some settings in the options menu you could try.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file