New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Shipping time EUROPE ONLY

18911131451

Comments

  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Dewiii said:
    scan.co.uk will get new in stock on august 2th.
    I've talked to Scan before. They're just estimating when they've been told they may get new stock in. They have no more solid answers than anybody else. 
  • MatteAceMatteAce Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    holy shit you guys, I feel so privileged right now. I ordered it on the 13th evening, payment has processed almost instantly, and the evening of the friday 14th it got shipped and reached me on the next tuesday perfectly in time. 

    I'm sorry to hear all you people having issues, I have a friend who has also ordered the day next to mine and his order didn't even got billed yet. 

    All I can say is hold on, even if it takes a while it's an incredible feeling when you'll finally have it, you will forget quickly how long you had to wait. the rift and the touch controllers feel super polished and it feels like opening and using an Apple product for all the care in the small details they put into.
  • Patz_Patz_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    MatteAce said:
    holy shit you guys, I feel so privileged right now. I ordered it on the 13th evening, payment has processed almost instantly, and the evening of the friday 14th it got shipped and reached me on the next tuesday perfectly in time. 

    I'm sorry to hear all you people having issues, I have a friend who has also ordered the day next to mine and his order didn't even got billed yet. 

    All I can say is hold on, even if it takes a while it's an incredible feeling when you'll finally have it, you will forget quickly how long you had to wait. the rift and the touch controllers feel super polished and it feels like opening and using an Apple product for all the care in the small details they put into.
    So lucky ;-;
  • DewiiiDewiii Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    MatteAce said:
    holy shit you guys, I feel so privileged right now. I ordered it on the 13th evening, payment has processed almost instantly, and the evening of the friday 14th it got shipped and reached me on the next tuesday perfectly in time. 

    I'm sorry to hear all you people having issues, I have a friend who has also ordered the day next to mine and his order didn't even got billed yet. 

    All I can say is hold on, even if it takes a while it's an incredible feeling when you'll finally have it, you will forget quickly how long you had to wait. the rift and the touch controllers feel super polished and it feels like opening and using an Apple product for all the care in the small details they put into.
    You were pretty lucky, have fun with the Oculus Rift! :smiley:
  • KiritoyoKiritoyo Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Minosse said:
    Two weeks from today or from the day of the order?

    I read somewhere that some people who ordered the 12th in US are still in "Order" status
    From date of order. For example, if you ordered around 17th expect no change until early August.

    That's not the worst of it, some people have had their order cancelled for no reason after waiting ages with no response to tickets.
  • NatesysNatesys Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Belgium here.
    Original order on Oculus web site on July 17th, current status: still order.
    I ordered another one from amazon.de on July 20th, I was lucky, in stock, and I received shipping confirmation announcing a delivery today (July 26th).
    I followed amazon tracking since then, and I was happy to read that the package arrived in Grimbergen, Belgium, ready to deliver... 

    BUT.... right now, 26th evening, Amazon tracking tells me:
    "New Provisional Delivery Date: July 26 - Aug. 2 We are sorry that your delivery is delayed. Please visit this page again should the show not arrive by Thursday, 3 Aug. to clarify the further procedure."

    WTF!!!!!!!!!!

    I didn't cancel the original order from Oculus yet, wondering now which one I'll receive first :-D 

    Note that if I can't cancel one of the orders when I receive the pack, then I'll have a unit to sell hand in hand around Soignies, Belgium. Given the demand it will certainly interest someone :-)

  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 792
    3Jane
    Seems like European retailers will all get stock on/around 2/8. It's frustrating, because I just got reimbursed for my broken one and I know that ordering *right now* is sorta pointless. If I were back in Germany, I COULD get the Rift in some saturn stores (on their map they show which one have the stock), but then again I want the "new" one just in hopes that some things have improved that we're not told. So right now, can't do anything but wait.
  • DewiiiDewiii Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    flexy123 said:
    Seems like European retailers will all get stock on/around 2/8. It's frustrating, because I just got reimbursed for my broken one and I know that ordering *right now* is sorta pointless. If I were back in Germany, I COULD get the Rift in some saturn stores (on their map they show which one have the stock), but then again I want the "new" one just in hopes that some things have improved that we're not told. So right now, can't do anything but wait.
    The support  said:

    We plan to be back in-stock for new orders globally by mid-August.

    So if you wanna buy it then by mid August, or you buy it on different sites.

  • TheQotileTheQotile Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I'm starting to think I got really unlucky, ordered mine just past midnight on the 12th, so technically early 13th, used the wrong card so got payment denied a few minutes later but didn't see it until late next day and fixed that then.
    nothing changed since then :'(:'(:'(  

    don't really mind the wait but still..... :'(
  • SaiBorkSaiBork Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Still no update from my last post either. Order placed from the UK on the 14th in the early evening.
    For anyone stating dates from game or scan, I can tell you those are just estimates and aren't actual dates. Game told me on the phone they have no clue as someone else also mentioned. As for Scan, they do this with their products all the time to get sales. They put a date on when they have been told to get the product, but seeing how backlogged Oculus is at the moment, I highly doubt they will actually get stock.

    If you guys did order from the other two places, good luck anyway. If they actually get stock on Monday I may have to switch as well.

    I was really hoping to get the set this week as I'm off from work until Friday next week, but so far it looks like I'll be missing out.
  • MrNoOneMrNoOne Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    15th  July
    Order status: Order
    Tracking numbers: (TBA when your order ships)
  • lionsylionsy Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Seems GAME have just pushed their pre-order date back to August... I guess they were going to tell us... at some point (or not!)
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    lionsy said:
    Seems GAME have just pushed their pre-order date back to August... I guess they were going to tell us... at some point (or not!)
    Noticed that too. Most places are pushing their July 30/31 estimate to Aug 03/04. Hopefully that means somebody from Oculus has given them some hard info on when the restock is due. 

    Or they could just keep pushing back the dates... I really hope it's not that. Then we really need Oculus to talk to us so we aren't completely in the dark. 
  • B3cksB3cks Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Amazon.de is back in stock right now!! Already ordered :smile:
    Estimated delivery 29.07.
  • papinistpapinist Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Hey B3cks, thank you very much!!! I ordered on amazon.de just now, don't know why 449 + 11 total is 472 but hey, they said delivery 1-2 august :)
  • MinosseMinosse Posts: 94
    Brain Burst
    B3cks said:
    Amazon.de is back in stock right now!! Already ordered :smile:
    Estimated delivery 29.07.
    Thanks! Ordered from amazon.de too
    Estimated delivery 31th July

    As soon as they ship i cancel my order from Oculus
  • B3cksB3cks Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    I'll also cancel as soon as they ship. For me it's 452,77 € because of taxes in Austria.
  • spacefrogspacefrog Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    Yep - canceled my caseking order and reordered on amazon in an instant !
    Thanks for the headsup
  • MacHaggisMacHaggis Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    They say they don't ship to Belgium though.

    Ah well, ordered on the 14th, right now I'm just hoping every day that they will send out SOME units.
  • Jacen_SunriderJacen_Sunrider Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Est delivery for me is already 1-4 august. Guess I was too late.
  • Dark_4ceDark_4ce Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Well... how about that. i checked and now amazon.de DO ship to Finland! So I ordered from there. So now I KNOW I'll get it for holidays!
  • MinosseMinosse Posts: 94
    Brain Burst
    Same here. Last week amazon.de didn't ship to Italy but now they do. I wanted the oculus for my holidays and I should get it next Monday  :)
  • MulleredMullered Posts: 85
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    Ordered from Amazon.de (germany) thanks google translate! Looks like its the separate rift and touch packages so I'll get the xbox controller as well.  Paid £450 in total for delivery to the UK, Monday 31st.  Happy days.  
  • ZazastanZazastan Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Dark_4ce said:
    Well... how about that. i checked and now amazon.de DO ship to Finland! So I ordered from there. So now I KNOW I'll get it for holidays!
    Hyviä lomia! :)
  • Dark_4ceDark_4ce Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Zazastan said:
    Dark_4ce said:
    Well... how about that. i checked and now amazon.de DO ship to Finland! So I ordered from there. So now I KNOW I'll get it for holidays!
    Hyviä lomia! :)
    Kiitos kiitos! Ei sit tarvii ulos mennä palelee. ;)
  • H1TCHMANH1TCHMAN Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Yeah I've just ordered via Amazon.de too 

    Delivery Monday to UK. Woo !!
  • MinosseMinosse Posts: 94
    Brain Burst
    Ordered 1 hour ago from amazon.de, they already charged the card and is preparing for dispatch!!
  • tom.wautelettom.wautelet Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same for me, amazon.de from Belgium and expected to arrive on 1-3 august. 
  • spacefrogspacefrog Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    amazon.de still says "Nur noch 12 auf Lager " ( = "Only 12 pieces left on stock" ) for me..
     So the next people might still catch one of those....
  • NatesysNatesys Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Ha ha, what a story! Finally,despite the last night message from Amazon tracking (see my previous message above), the parcel has just arrived! Yesssss :-)

    The package contains 2 boxes:
    - the Rift + 1 sensor + 1 remote + 1 XBox controller + batteries
    - the Touch controllers + 1 remote + 1 Rock Band VR guitar adapter + batteries

    So, I'll cancel my first order from Oculus now. (mmmh... <geek> first order... Star Wars </geek>)

    ♫ I have the feeling ♪ that today ♩ will be a good day ♬  :)
Sign In or Register to comment.