New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Shipping time EUROPE ONLY

Comments

• DewiiiDewiii Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    H1TCHMAN said:
    It is interesting that Amazon.de now state that they aren't shipping to my location (UK). I hope that doesn't affect my earlier order with them......
    If you already ordered from Amazon to the uk and they took your money there shouldnt be a problem
  • Dark_4ceDark_4ce Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    H1TCHMAN said:
    It is interesting that Amazon.de now state that they aren't shipping to my location (UK). I hope that doesn't affect my earlier order with them......
    It should be fine. Or then theres some poor sap at Amazon.de nervously biting his fingernails going, "shit shit shit!!" 
  • MinosseMinosse Posts: 94
    Brain Burst
    papinist said:
    B3cks said:
    papinist said:
    My status (amazon.de order) 
    oculus touch: shipping today
    oculus rift: preparing for dispatch

Can't understand why they want to ship separately :-?
    The have many warehouses. So the have the oculus in warehouse a and the controller in warehouse b. 

Correct! Tracking for the touch controllers already has some info:
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility 
    GIDY, GIDY, FR

France!
    What?! I think I ordered 2 minutes after you and my status is
    rift: preparing for dispatch
    touch: not yet dispatched
  • papinistpapinist Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    H1TCHMAN said:
    They also says now that won't ship to Italy but half of my orders is already shipped :)
  • MulleredMullered Posts: 85
    Hiro Protagonist
    H1TCHMAN said:
    Where does it state they aren't shipping to the UK, I cant see it on the site anywhere
    Art3mis
    Minosse said:

my confirmation email arrived at 9:12 so I ordered at that time.. what about yours?
  • Majik54Majik54 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Looks like Oculus ran out of stock somewhere on the 14th.  Sadly this likely means those of us on the afternoon of the 14th onwards are probably going to get the newer package without the xbox controller and remote.  Which just makes the package a little worse value than those who bought a few hours before... 

Amazon.de is also now showing delivery estimate of 4 - 8th August for delivery to the UK now so probably not worth it (probably also the new package).  But it's coming in at about £412 delivered to the uk if you pay in euros, so if anyone ordered in the last few days from Oculus, might be worth it.
  • MinosseMinosse Posts: 94
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2017
    papinist said:
    Minosse said:

my confirmation email arrived at 9:12 so I ordered at that time.. what about yours?
    I got the confirmation email at 9:11 so I actually ordered 1 minute before you  :)

What is your delivery date? Mine is the 31th July for both the rift and touch
  • MacHaggisMacHaggis Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2017
    Oculus shipments in EU have completely stopped for 2 days now, so yes, they are completely out of stock and waiting for new units. Since they expect to have completely cleared their backlog by the second week of august, I would assume they will be getting new units to ship very soon.
  • tom.wautelettom.wautelet Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I contacted the amazon.de support to know what's up with the "Sorry we cannot ship your item in your location etc..." and they answered me right now :smile:

Dear Tom,

thank you for your e-mail.

At first I thought that this might have been a system error with your caching cookies, however, the items that you specified are truly eligible for shipping to Belgium.

I have tested the addresses and it seems that everything will be just alright.

We plan to ship your items by 31 July and you will receive a e-mail as soon at the order 304-4232175-5268353 gets dispatched.

Thank you for your support.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience.

We are there for your should you need any assistance.

I wish you a wonderful day and all the best, Tom!

So guys, chill ! All will be all right it's just a bug ;)
  • Patz_Patz_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    I contacted the amazon.de support to know what's up with the "Sorry we cannot ship your item in your location etc..." and they answered me right now :smile:

Dear Tom,

thank you for your e-mail.

At first I thought that this might have been a system error with your caching cookies, however, the items that you specified are truly eligible for shipping to Belgium.

I have tested the addresses and it seems that everything will be just alright.

We plan to ship your items by 31 July and you will receive a e-mail as soon at the order 304-4232175-5268353 gets dispatched.

Thank you for your support.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience.

We are there for your should you need any assistance.

I wish you a wonderful day and all the best, Tom!

So guys, chill ! All will be all right it's just a bug ;)
    Thanks for the info!
    Brain Burst
    Soon my friends... SOON.
    Art3mis
    Minosse said:
    papinist said:
    Minosse said:

I got the confirmation email at 9:11 so I actually ordered 1 minute before you  :)

Touch on wednesday 2 and rift 1-2 august
  • Patz_Patz_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    papinist said:
    Minosse said:
    papinist said:
    Minosse said:

Touch on wednesday 2 and rift 1-2 august
    Why don't I see the exact days? 
  • spelli93spelli93 Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    Ordered the bundle on 24th on Amazon.de, touch shipped today and already in Italy (?!) and rift is preparing for dispatch 
  • ISMAZGZ1ISMAZGZ1 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    B3cks said:
    Amazon.de is back in stock right now!! Already ordered :smile:
    Estimated delivery 29.07.
    B3cks said:
    Amazon.de is back in stock right now!! Already ordered :smile:
    Estimated delivery 29.07.

Thanks for the info. 
  • H1TCHMANH1TCHMAN Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Mullered said:
    H1TCHMAN said:
    Where does it state they aren't shipping to the UK, I cant see it on the site anywhere

If you log in to the site and look at the bundle, it says in Red letters. Did for me anyway.
  • DevataNLDevataNL Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Hmm, no paypal option at Amazon.de
    About time Oculus starts sending stuff out. There two weeks window is closing soon.
  • LazermilkLazermilk Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    Natesys said:
    Ha ha, what a story! Finally,despite the last night message from Amazon tracking (see my previous message above), the parcel has just arrived! Yesssss :-)

The package contains 2 boxes:
    - the Rift + 1 sensor + 1 remote + 1 XBox controller + batteries
    - the Touch controllers + 1 remote + 1 Rock Band VR guitar adapter + batteries

So, I'll cancel my first order from Oculus now. (mmmh... <geek> first order... Star Wars Trek  </geek>)

♫ I have the feeling ♪ that today ♩ will be a good day ♬  :)
     :p 
    Good you got it delivered in the end.

Dont know why Amazon change their mind so much with where they do and dont deliver to, it was the same last week when I ordered, one minute they dont ship to Austria then later they decided they do! Still its good they are actually getting peoples orders out quick!

Enjoy!
  • max.christiansenmax.christiansen Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Ordered from amazon.de an hour ago, and cancelled my order from oculus out of glee. First they said they'd dispatch it by tomorrow and now it says it wont be arriving before the 7th. No point in ordering from here either. Oh well, at least there are dates on the shipping.
    Brain Burst
    Patz_ said:
    Yeah I managed to buy it to Belgium whereas now it says that they cant deliver to Belgium... I hope they will not be any problems :(
    I just realised the same. It didn't say anything before I ordered it but now it says "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Finland" Hope I get it...
    Wouldn't worry, was the same for me and I received it no problems, it was even a day earlier than they said!.
    Brain Burst
    papinist said:
    My status (amazon.de order) 
    oculus touch: shipping today
    oculus rift: preparing for dispatch

Can't understand why they want to ship separately :-?
    They did this to me also, I got the Touch on a Saturday and Rift on the following Monday, think they like torturing people by sending the useless part first...
  • OwedemwingyOwedemwingy Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    mjonat said:
    Cancelled my order and placed with Game.co.uk who are taking pre-orders for 30th July. Hopefully get it 30th if not 31st.
    Im really tempted to do this but they might not have it on the 30th? Argh...this whole situation is so annoying!

Surely recieve it 31st if not 30th.
  • alexander.walter.92alexander.walter.92 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hey guy!
    For those guys wondering how long i takes to cancel an order on oculus. It took me 15 minutes. I have ordered the bundle on amazon now and it will be delivered on 1-2 August. 

I wonder if there is a xbox controller inside the oculus package and if the 7 VR games are included, because the rift and touch are shipped as 2 products.
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Just an update for the UK that aren't going with the Amazon.de plan.

After contacting Game, they seem adamant that the new estimate (the 4th) is the one that'll stick. However, on the Overclockers forums, OCStaff say " I have requested updates earlier today from the distributors, once I've received word on the stock situation I'll update here, although the lack of responses so far is worrying."

Trying to contact Oculus just leads to the normal copy pasted "normal delivery will resume in 1-2 weeks"

Brain Burst
    Hey guy!
    For those guys wondering how long i takes to cancel an order on oculus. It took me 15 minutes. I have ordered the bundle on amazon now and it will be delivered on 1-2 August. 

I wonder if there is a xbox controller inside the oculus package and if the 7 VR games are included, because the rift and touch are shipped as 2 products.
    It does state that the 7 games are included. I think it happens during registration. Can anyone confirm? 
  • alexander.walter.92alexander.walter.92 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Dark_4ce said:
    It does state that the 7 games are included. I think it happens during registration. Can anyone confirm? 
    I mean included like in the offical rift + touch bundle. There it says that you can download them for free.
    Brain Burst
    Dark_4ce said:
    I mean included like in the offical rift + touch bundle. There it says that you can download them for free.
    I can confirm, I got the Amazon delivery already and it was the separate boxes with Xbox controller and rift remote and also the 7 free games when you register are automatically available to download in the store.

The rift remote is pretty handy for videos or navigating the menus etc when your not gaming, the xbox controller will be a spare for the xbox and I will just use my existing one and keep the new one fresh.

• DewiiiDewiii Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    Dark_4ce said:
    The Oculus Rift and the Oculus Touch are in 2 seperate packages but there are the 7 games: 

Medium, Quill, Dead and Buried, Robo Recall, Toybox, Luckys Tale and Dragon Front.

And an Xbox One Wireless Controller, 2 Sensors and a remote.
  • BanyansBanyans Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Ordered the bundle on amazon.de for uk delivery and it states sat 5/8 is when I'll get it.