New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Shipping time EUROPE ONLY

Comments

• MulleredMullered Posts: 85
    Hiro Protagonist
    H1TCHMAN said:
    Mullered said:

Woohoo ...... that's just the Rift though, Touch still to be dispatched ......
    Nice one. Knew they would come through.

Word of warning though.... Check who the courier is. Up until this morning it stated Monday delivery. Then all of a sudden its out for delivery today. You may get it tomorrow if its UPS??

Good luck  :#
    Good call. I'll be in hungover all day tomorrow so I wont miss it if it does come tomorrow :joy:
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yep it's UPS
  • lionsylionsy Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    H1TCHMAN said:
    Mullered said:
    H1TCHMAN said:
    That's interesting. I was a prime member but not anymore as I wasn't really getting anything from it
    Where in the UK are you?
    Birmingham, I was wondering myself if region made a difference i.e. shipping from different warehouses located near different airports
    Half of my order is coming from UPS, the other half from Amazon Logistics. 

My rift is being delivered by UPS.

I'm Salisbury myself. Reason I asked (other than curiosity) Is that it seems distances sometimes puts customers into different delivery brackets, Outer Hebrides for example. That said, there's a guy on here who ordered yesterday and has had tracking, and he's in Ireland.
    Great that you're getting it, but my condolences that half of it is being delivered by Amazon Logshitstics
  • TheAquilaSamuraiTheAquilaSamurai Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Wish I'd been able to order from Amazon now. Been a week since ordering directly from the Oculus store and still at 'order' status. Hopefully it will only take a day or 2 to arrive once it's finally dispatched.
  • H1TCHMANH1TCHMAN Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Mullered said:
    Yep it's UPS
    Mine has literally just arrived !!! Eeep  :D
  • DewiiiDewiii Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow nice! 
    Have fun with the Oculus :)
  • Patz_Patz_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Alright guys I think I found the problem. I forgot to tell them my cvv/cvc number. If that's the case I feel really dumb :neutral:
  • papinistpapinist Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Rift is shipped from Germany
  • f00barf00bar Posts: 15
    Brain Burst
    Patz_ said:
    Alright guys I think I found the problem. I forgot to tell them my cvv/cvc number. If that's the case I feel really dumb :neutral:
    They shouldn't ask for your CVV number tho. At least i wan't ever asked for it on any of the amazon websites i used (com, uk, de)
    Brain Burst
    f00bar said:
    Patz_ said:
    They shouldn't ask for your CVV number tho. At least i wan't ever asked for it on any of the amazon websites i used (com, uk, de)
    We'll see
  • vervuraxvervurax Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2017
    Patz_ said:
    I don't think it's about the CVV number, see here https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/21168/how-does-amazon-bill-me-without-the-cvc-cvv-cvv2

From what I see Amazon still doesn't ask for it. BTW I responded to you on page 17 with my insight. If I were you I'd place an order on Oculus and forget about Amazon. It takes ages to verify the credit card.

And also you said you sent your info via e-mail and it bounced back. Same here. They want it sent via FAX. Not e-mail. Seriously... First and last time dealing with Amazon for me.
    Hiro Protagonist
    H1TCHMAN said:
    Mullered said:
    Yep it's UPS
    Mine has literally just arrived !!! Eeep  :D
    Good job man
  • BNS.Random.PrecisionBNS.Random.Precision Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Doesn't matter where you order from. I ordered initially from Overclockers UK on 15th, but later cancelled and ordered direct from Oculus on 24th, saving some money in the process.  However the waiting game is no different and we just have to be patient. As long as our orders are in, we must assume they'll be honoured, otherwise they're breaking the law with false advertising/guerilla marketing.   
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Doesn't matter where you order from. I ordered initially from Overclockers UK on 15th, but later cancelled and ordered direct from Oculus on 24th, saving some money in the process.  However the waiting game is no different and we just have to be patient. As long as our orders are in, we must assume they'll be honoured, otherwise they're breaking the law with false advertising/guerilla marketing.   
    I ordered from OCUK, then Oculus, Then Scan, then Game, now Game and Oculus. Not moving my orders any more, each time I try, they just push back the date and I wish I hadn't... Of course then the Amazon thing happened, and if I had moved my order, I'd be one of the people celebrating about getting their shipping email. 

This whole situation is irritating. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    as was shown with Amazon.de I think it's still possible certain suppliers may have or will be getting stock that will be available sooner than oculus's own retail stock.  I guess it depends how much time and effort you want to put into doing the research and whether you'd rather just wait for Oculus to sort their shit.  The thing with Oculus is that I think they are going to put their high profile corporate customers as a higher priority than individual customers like us. ultimately it's companies like Amazon that are going to shift the most devices for them
    Brain Burst
    MrKaru said:
    I ordered from OCUK, then Oculus, Then Scan, then Game, now Game and Oculus. Not moving my orders any more, each time I try, they just push back the date and I wish I hadn't... Of course then the Amazon thing happened, and if I had moved my order, I'd be one of the people celebrating about getting their shipping email. 

You made a mistake of cancelling the previous order before the next one actually shipped. 
    I'm not gonna cancel my oculus.com order until i hold the package from amazon.de in my hands, just in case.
    Brain Burst
    vervurax said:
    Patz_ said:
    I don't think it's about the CVV number, see here https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/21168/how-does-amazon-bill-me-without-the-cvc-cvv-cvv2

From what I see Amazon still doesn't ask for it. BTW I responded to you on page 17 with my insight. If I were you I'd place an order on Oculus and forget about Amazon. It takes ages to verify the credit card.

And also you said you sent your info via e-mail and it bounced back. Same here. They want it sent via FAX. Not e-mail. Seriously... First and last time dealing with Amazon for me.
    I already cancelled my order on ouclus website. But I sent them my info from the amazon site not email :)
    NerveGear
    I'm only sticking with GAME because they're the only ones seemingly being honest about dates (Saying Oculus are messing them about, etc)
    f00bar said:
    MrKaru said:

You made a mistake of cancelling the previous order before the next one actually shipped. 
    I'm not gonna cancel my oculus.com order until i hold the package from amazon.de in my hands, just in case.
    I know that now, which is why I have two orders. 
    I can afford 2 sudden charges, where I can refund one. I can't afford if a mistake happens and I get charged for 4 rifts. I want a rift, but not enough to go into the negative just to ensure I'm not just being taken advantage of by people constantly shifting their estimates 
    Hiro Protagonist
    When does the Oculus summer sale end?
  • papinistpapinist Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Mullered said:
    offers like adventure game pack end on 31st, maybe it will be the same for rift bundle.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I wonder if Oculus will extend or do another sale given the interest.  I'm surprised HTC haven't done something similar with the Vive.  Their sales must be down at the moment as you'd be crazy to fork out nearly £800 for something which isn't much better
    Brain Burst
    Mullered said:
    I wonder if Oculus will extend or do another sale given the interest.  I'm surprised HTC haven't done something similar with the Vive.  Their sales must be down at the moment as you'd be crazy to fork out nearly £800 for something which isn't much better
    They said they're happy with their sale numbers and don't plan any discounts like a week ago.
  • memkiiimemkiii Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Oculus Rift+Touch pack "in stock"  on amazon.co.uk Now, if you want to pay £499.99,
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Touch-Bundle-DVD/dp/B073X8N1YW/ref=pd_sbs_63_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=87QXPZQAGNFZXFFA0J3M

I would like to know why they are selling new stock at a post sale price when the sale is still on.
    papinist said:
    Mullered said:
    offers like adventure game pack end on 31st, maybe it will be the same for rift bundle.

Those aren't the free games like robo recall right? I'll be very disappointed if they remove that offer before mine ships. 
  • nikolaskelsetnikolaskelset Posts: 64
    Hiro Protagonist
    To take advantage of people who don't want to wait orders at acoulus or missed out retailers.
  • memkiiimemkiii Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Well, yes, maybe. I did email Amazon.co.uk to explain why they are doing this when they refused to sell at the sale price, and placed one in my basket to taunt them ;)  I'm not holding my breath. Meanwhile I have an order with Game.com
    NerveGear
    memkiii said:
    Oculus Rift+Touch pack "in stock"  on amazon.co.uk Now, if you want to pay £499.99,
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Touch-Bundle-DVD/dp/B073X8N1YW/ref=pd_sbs_63_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=87QXPZQAGNFZXFFA0J3M

I would like to know why they are selling new stock at a post sale price when the sale is still on.
    Tempting! But I think no. Amazon are having a laugh adding an extra £100 on top.  I'll just wait for Game.
  • KiritoyoKiritoyo Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    memkiii said:

I've been keeping track of most sites since I've been sitting on "Order" status and can tell you that bundle has been there since at least a couple of weeks ago.
    Can't remember the source but I've read that that is expected to be the permanent bundle price of these two products after the sale ends.
    Hiro Protagonist
    It all depends on how long you are prepared to wait and how much you are prepared to pay. If you want the best price then go with Oculus or another sale price offering retailer, just be prepared to wait