New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Shipping time EUROPE ONLY

Comments

• memkiiimemkiii Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Kirioto. I to have been watching.  That bundle has indeed been there for a while, but is only just "in stock" and ready for delivery.
  • ATOJARATOJAR Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2017
    I had a call today from PC World today saying that my touch controllers turned up today but my headset won't be here until next Friday. Fine with me though as I'm away all next week and actually get back next Friday. 

Looks like I'm getting the two box bundle. Again fine with me. 
    i7 6700K | GTX 1070 SC Black Edition | 16GB DDR4
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    ATOJAR said:
    I had a call today from PC World today saying that my touch controllers turned up today but my headset won't be here until next Friday. Fine with me though as I'm away all next week and actually get back next Friday. 

Looks like I'm getting the two box bundle. Again fine with me. 

Interesting. A lot of places seem to be agreeing on the Thursday / Friday estimate right now. Hopefully that means oculus has told them something solid that gives them enough confidence  to tell their customers. 
  • RossCairns98RossCairns98 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Just had an email back from amazon.co.uk re the fact they have touch controller and rifts in stock but aren't selling them as a bundle to help orders along, however they did say that the good news would be that they will have them back in stock "very soon" so maybe keep an eye out and let us all know if someone see's them go live!
    Just had an email back from amazon.co.uk re the fact they have touch controller and rifts in stock but aren't selling them as a bundle to help orders along, however they did say that the good news would be that they will have them back in stock "very soon" so maybe keep an eye out and let us all know if someone see's them go live!
    I've got email alerts and basically refresh the page every hour. I really hope that "Very soon" is sooner than "Next week". I'd like to get mine shipped from someone I trust to have decent times. Game lets me down in that very often, and my only other Oculus order was a DK1, which had a 3-month delay. 
    NerveGear
    MrKaru said:
    I've got email alerts and basically refresh the page every hour. I really hope that "Very soon" is sooner than "Next week". I'd like to get mine shipped from someone I trust to have decent times. Game lets me down in that very often, and my only other Oculus order was a DK1, which had a 3-month delay. 
    Yeah i think its rediculous that thay are selling the bundle as "in stock" for £100 more though, they quite clearly have them in stock and are trying to prey on the impatient by saying they'll have them by tTuesday instead of fulfilling the hundreds if not thousands of orders they have.
  • lionsylionsy Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Just bear in mind we've gone through all this before and they pushed the dates back again.... :/
    NerveGear
    'Just replied to the amazon email with "Thanks for your reply, any idea how long "very soon" will be as I've been waiting weeks for my order from oculus themselves and have had no progress so if you are going to have them back in stock I'd like to know so as I can order them before they sell out. 

I've also now noticed that you have the exact bundle thats out of stock, listed again for £100 more? Is there any reason why these aren't being advertised as the sale stock and would I be able to order it as such?"

We'll see if I get a reply to that...

edited July 2017
    'Just replied to the amazon email with "Thanks for your reply, any idea how long "very soon" will be as I've been waiting weeks for my order from oculus themselves and have had no progress so if you are going to have them back in stock I'd like to know so as I can order them before they sell out. 

I've also now noticed that you have the exact bundle thats out of stock, listed again for £100 more? Is there any reason why these aren't being advertised as the sale stock and would I be able to order it as such?"

We'll see if I get a reply to that...

I wonder if emailing Oculus would help? After all, it's their items and their sale. Surely it's a bit of a dick move to make people wait for weeks and weeks, and then sell the exact same thing, while people are waiting, for £100 more. Maybe Oculus could give the go ahead to sell old stock in the new bundle? 

Going to start a live chat with Amazon, just to see if there's any response about this. Will post my conclusion. 
  • DonkeyfumblerDonkeyfumbler Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Amazon are absolutely taking the piss here. Saying it's a dick move is putting it very mildly. Just think, once they have cornered the retail market entirely, this will be normal and we'll all just have to bend over and take it - thankfully for now we at least have some choice in giving them the finger.
    They are asking for a screenshot of the item being £399. I don't have one, does anybody else? 
    Brain Burst
    Can't you take one of the Oculus or Game websites?
    Can't you take one of the Oculus or Game websites?
    they need to know that it was the exact listing for that exact price. I've linked them to a price-tracking site that shows, but I don't know if they'll accept that. I feel like he's trying to ask me things that are hard to get as an excuse to disconnect because I took too long to reply. Here is the entire chat so far. 

Any evidence would help. 

He is claiming that the price is not part of the Summer of Rift deal, it was part of the Amazon Prime Day deal. Is there anything I can do to fight this? 
  • TheAquilaSamuraiTheAquilaSamurai Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    The Amazon bundle you're on about is the new Rift and Touch bundle without the remote or Xbox controller all in one box. The sale bundle is literally a Rift and a set of touch controllers in separate boxes as others have said beforehand.
    Brain Burst
    I'm not sure how they can argue that the Game or Oculus bundle is any different to the one they are selling - sounds like he's either stalling or, more likely, is just a bloke in a call center with no power to do anything.

Here is the chat as it stands. They claim that the .co.uk price has absolutely nothing to do with the summer of Rift sale and that it was purely coincidence that they sold it for the same price at the same time as the sale, and has nothing to do with the other versions of Amazon taking part in the Summer of Rift sale. 
    Brain Burst
    If it is the actual new bundle then shame on Oculus for supplying Amazon with it so they they can try and gauge people like this rather then fulfilling their own backorders.

That didn't go well at all. Maybe it's a good thing, if I had managed to do anything, I'm pretty sure my Rift would have been kicked around the warehouse a few times. 

Guess it's back to waiting for the other retailers. Unless one of you guys want to try and hope for something better out of it. 
  • RolackaRolacka Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Touch-Controller/dp/B01MCRY3Q7
    Looks like u had some influence this just updated
    Rolacka said:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Touch-Controller/dp/B01MCRY3Q7
    Looks like u had some influence this just updated
    Wow. After the way it ended, I didn't expect that. 

Estimated 2nd for headset, 12th for Touch. I can live with that, and 2 packages means bonus Xbox controller after all. 

I will make sure to check for any boot marks before I accept it. They may not be too happy. 
  • murgomurgo Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Damn, they're gone again :D
  • RolackaRolacka Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Yeah said 8th August for it when I looked keeps coming & going
    murgo said:
    Damn, they're gone again :D
    Jesus that was fast. I wonder if they were watching to see if the trouble maker would buy it, and as soon as I did, they snapped it shut again. If you see the old price pop back up, you guys know what to do now :P 
  • DewiiiDewiii Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2017
    My Oculus Rift + Touch finally got shipped  :D

I left the Amazon Chat worker I talked with positive feedback. I emailed it in also, just to really hammer it home. Credit where it's due and all that. I am very happy with how that turned out. 
  • Majik54Majik54 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
  • JohSm67JohSm67 Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    Still waitiong for 2 Oculus Rifts to be confirmed to be shipped, 2 weeks and no information!
    I remember Oculus had huge issues delivering the HMD's in the beginning, please do not repeat this again!
    We need the HMD's very soon to play the eSport titles "Echo Arena & Unspoken"!

Any feedback on delivery dates/time?
  • papinistpapinist Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    edited July 2017
    If someone needs it in the future.. the screenshot hasn't the price but the Keepa chart shows that it was at around £400 for some days!