New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Cannot Play The Unspoken due to error.

DojoGrant05DojoGrant05 Posts: 1
NerveGear
I got The Unspoken as some sort of trial when I got my Rift late last week. The game went inactive when the trial ended, and I didn't get to play it, but I left the install. I then purchased The Unspoken in one of the summer bundles, but when I tried to play the game, I got this error:

Error occurred: Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later (OVR75318303): If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help. Package insomniac-games-the-unspoken (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Twice. I keep getting the same vague message, and I have no idea how to fix it if uninstalling the game and rebooting my system doesn't fix it.

Comments

• DambalaDambala Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I got the same error with "the mages tale" did the same procedure as you with the same result. i hope to hear some inputs from other members. i will try today some fixes and tell a little later. 
  • DambalaDambala Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    ok im back and i think i got the answer 

Try to exclude the oculus software folder from your antivirus, try to allow the processes/executable from your games in your AV
    for a quick check deactivate your AV try to run the games
    seems a little bit strange but after excluding and checking all run fine

ps: i have to reinstall some games becaus my AV delete and block some apps 
  • KingpokiKingpoki Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem, i turned off the mcafee but still the same problem.
    please help.

Package insomniac-games-the-unspoken (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)
  • ankit.softwebankit.softweb Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    I am getting the same error for 3 different apps (1 app + 2 games). I tried following but no luck so far.

- Uninstall and Installing again
    - Deactivate firewall
    - Deactivate antivirus software
    - Restart Oculus and PC both.

If anyone have any clue, please let me know.

Thanks, 
  • ankit.softwebankit.softweb Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    I am getting the same error for 3 different apps (1 app + 2 games). I tried following but no luck so far.

- Uninstall and Installing again
    - Deactivate firewall
    - Deactivate antivirus software
    - Restart Oculus and PC both.

If anyone have any clue, please let me know.

Thanks, 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Have you tried running the Oculus setup installer again and choosing Repair?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • realm_masterrealm_master Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm getting this same error with Unspoken Acolytes. Has any solved yet?
  • LenEvansLenEvans Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    For me, McAfee quarantined the unspoken.exe file.  I had to go into the McAfee settings and manual restore the executable.
  • OneFrMonsterOneFrMonster Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    LenEvans said:
    For me, McAfee quarantined the unspoken.exe file.  I had to go into the McAfee settings and manual restore the executable.
    Hey, i have currently McAfee. It was actually the same issue, thank you for your help!