New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

CV1 intermittently disconnects

gngrNinjagngrNinja Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hello everyone.

I recently upgraded from a 980 Ti to a 1080 Ti (the FTW3 edition from EVGA).
I have been having a frustrating issue ever since I did that.

I'm directly connecting to the HDMI port on the 1080 Ti. After some time, Oculus home will say it lost connection to the HMD, and then it will re-detect it/come back up. Every time that this happens I have to re-select the hardware microphone for the Rift in Voicemeeter Banana.

I tried moving the USB cable from the rift off of the 3.0 ports an into a 2.0 port...same issue.
Any thoughts?

Specs:
  • Asus z170 Pro Gaming motherboard
  • i7 6700k processor
  • EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 edition video card

Comments

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,440
    Project 2501
    If its on an extension you might need an HDMI booster thats what I had to do for mine.
    WAAAGH!
  • gngrNinjagngrNinja Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Morgrum said:
    If its on an extension you might need an HDMI booster thats what I had to do for mine.
    No extension, just the CV1 cable itself. Once I get that sorted I may look into that, though.
    NerveGear
    Update on this! So it turns out this happens on my other computer too. It will randomly disconnect and reconnect. Safe to assume its the cable? Different mobo/video card/everything.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,701 Valuable Player
    I just got my replacement rift, I had that same problem and support had me do a few tests, then had me RMA it.
    NerveGear
    falken76 said:
    I just got my replacement rift, I had that same problem and support had me do a few tests, then had me RMA it.
    Gotcha. Makes sense. I did try to wiggle the cable to try to reproduce - but to no avail.