Lone Echo User Reviews — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lone Echo User Reviews

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,668 Valuable Player
edited August 2017 in Games and Apps
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Lone Echo User Reviews 50 votes

5 STARS
84%
LuciferousCHEvanfanelvannagirlMcShanusRoasterlamour42nalex66UdoGBionorDeertownSyndroidArock387LitespeedFliposideElias24601simonjkendrewwhoa182SiilkHjalm 42 votes
4 STARS
14%
dalladsegoyogflatlanderthoiterOnix11Thunderbanehaneybd87 7 votes
3 STARS
2%
baschuel 1 vote
2 STARS
0%
1 STARS
0%

Comments

• HjalmHjalm Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    havent put it down. It is easily my favorite to date.  Had arena experience so starting the game was a breeze.  Graphics are AAA.  So here is hoping for a prolonged experience.
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 355
    Trinity
    5 STARS
    Can't wait till I can give this a go tomorrow!!  :# :p
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • CHECHE Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    5 STARS
    This is AWESOME!!!
    Trinity
    5 STARS
    Wow!
    A bit early to give it a rating yet, but it leaning against a 5.
    Love the interaction with the environment, all the objects and small gadgets on your wrists and head!
    The graphics, atmosphere, voice acting, movement and the overall polish of this game is amazing, and spot on!
    And the best part is that Olivia Rhodes respond to your behavior, making this a truly immersive experience!  :)
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    edited July 2017
    5 STARS
    I'm not even finished yet, but it's one of the best, if not the best VR game so far, imo. It really sets the bar a little higher in terms of quality and polish,

I'd also like to add, that I prefer playing this game seated. Roomscale/standing doesn't add much to the game, imo.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,589 Volunteer Moderator
    5 STARS
    Great game! Excellent work on Olivia Rhodes, she almost feels like a real person. I finished the game in about 7 hours, with a bit of exploring to complete some optional objectives. Really well executed.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • Ryguy21Ryguy21 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    The Lone Echo game gave me pretty bad motion sickness after about 45 minutes of play. I play Echo Arena quite a bit and have no issues at all so the two are not quite the same despite having the same mechanics. Lone Echo is gorgeous and there was a fantastic attention to detail throughout the bits that I did play. But it is slower in pace than Echo Arena and I think the action of the latter helps ward off the nausea that VR motion games can induce (especially in people 30 yrs old +, enjoy it while you can kiddies). Oculus support was very understanding and responded to my issue within a couple of minutes after I submitted a ticket and everything has been resolved to my satisfaction. If you can stomach it, it's great. If not, try Echo Arena.
  • quantum7quantum7 Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    Loving Lone Echo so far in the 1 hour I've played with it....and NO motion sickness at all, as opposed to Detached which messed me up.   To those who've made it to the end- anything exciting to look forward to? 
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    edited July 2017
    5 STARS
    quantum7 said:
    Loving Lone Echo so far in the 1 hour I've played with it....and NO motion sickness at all, as opposed to Detached which messed me up.   To those who've made it to the end- anything exciting to look forward to?  
    Oh yes! I don't want to spoil anything but there are some cool and unexpected events that happen later in the game. Also the final section+ending  is really amazing.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,578
    Project 2501
    5 STARS
    Rycci21 said:
    The Lone Echo game gave me pretty bad motion sickness after about 45 minutes of play. I play Echo Arena quite a bit and have no issues at all so the two are not quite the same despite having the same mechanics. Lone Echo is gorgeous and there was a fantastic attention to detail throughout the bits that I did play. But it is slower in pace than Echo Arena and I think the action of the latter helps ward off the nausea that VR motion games can induce (especially in people 30 yrs old +, enjoy it while you can kiddies). Oculus support was very understanding and responded to my issue within a couple of minutes after I submitted a ticket and everything has been resolved to my satisfaction. If you can stomach it, it's great. If not, try Echo Arena.

Don't blame it on age. I'm 45 and have no issue. I'm using all axes. Maybe it's because I play Elite Dangerous?

i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    Project 2501
    5 STARS
    I got to the point in the trailer where you see the anomaly explode. Is that the halfway point?

So, far this has been one of the coolest experiences of my gaming life. Maybe it's because I'm into sci-fi but it's like being IN a sci-fi movie. 

Anyone else have a crush on Olivia Rhodes? I tried to kiss her but she recoiled from my advance. Labor bots have feelings too. 
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:

Anyone else have a crush on Olivia Rhodes? I tried to kiss her but she recoiled from my advance. Labor bots have feelings too. 
    I tried to grab onto her foot once.  Not for any creepy reason, she wanted me to follow her into another area and I'm  lazy so I thought I'd just hitch a ride.  Totally worked, up until she suddenly shook her leg and kicked me off like I was some sorta leg-humping dog. :[

The labor-bots are far more willing to give piggy-back rides (though sometimes they say snarky things. They kinda remind me of the robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, now that I think about it)
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • lamour42lamour42 Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    5 STARS
    For the first time in years I couldn't stop playing a game. I already have 9 h on the savegame and still not finished. (Yes, I am quite slow at this kind of thing). Love it. Had so many goosebumps moments...
    Project 2501
    5 STARS
    One thing I love in this game are the containers with tools and stuff.

We're so used to how it's done in most FPS games, where you go up to the container, press a button and you either take all or some of a list of items.

In Lone Echo, you open boxes with your hand and see the contents. Then reach in and take the item you want. 
  • K3K3 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    The game is really good and the outer space makes it scary and beautiful at the same time. 

Intel i7 6800k | Msi gaming PRO CARBON x99 |Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000 | Msi GTX1070 | 
    EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 850 and 840 SSD | NZXT kraken x62 | case H440 | CV1 with touch controllers

• Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    When it's not CTD with low on memory warning, 5/5!
  • Jonfl1Jonfl1 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    I was absolutely shocked by how well done this game is. As far as the Rift goes, I'd consider it an essential experience and a good excuse for buying a third sensor to better support room scale.
    Project 2501
    5 STARS
    Any chance for Lone Echo to get GOTY? It deserves at least some nominations. It's just so well done and it's definitely ground breaking. 
  • Elias24601Elias24601 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    Absolutely essential.  First time Olivia swatted away my hands I giggled.  I wasn't being fresh with her, I just needed to arrest some momentum on her body.  It wasn't physical it was physics!  I swear.
    Trinity
    5 STARS
    Okay so I beat the game, and it's a really well done game, and an awesome experience!!
    It took me approximately 6 hours, so I would have hoped it would have been a bit longer.. 
    But if I would have known the upcoming events I would probably have taken a bit more time to explor for the malfunctional nodes before getting to long into the story.
    The Closet Sim Rig
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,589 Volunteer Moderator
    5 STARS
    heppsan said:
    ...But if I would have known the upcoming events I would probably have taken a bit more time to explor for the malfunctional nodes before getting to long into the story.
    Yeah, I never even visited the satellites that you can see out in nearby space (I don't even know what I would have had to do to trigger optional missions for those locations). I'll do another playthrough eventually and explore more before triggering the "event" that leads to the second half of the game.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 727
    Trinity
    5 STARS
    I played and loved both Echo Arena betas.  I played and loved the campaign for Lone Echo.  SO much in the fact that within days I will be placing an order for a 1080ti and more ram, just so I can scale the hell out of this game and future VR games.  Lone Echo, You literally cost me over $1000 dollars....
    Project 2501
    edited July 2017
    5 STARS
    I finished the game. I didn't find the ending disappointing like some claimed. I think it took around 6 hours to play. 

The relationship between Olivia and Jack is really well done. I felt like I loved Olivia. The entire thing is an amazing adventure.

My only complaint is it could have been longer and better if they included some enemies to shoot at. A few rooms full of enemies could have added hours of gameplay. 

Regardless, this is a ground breaking game for VR. GOTY imho. 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    5 STARS
    Been away for a week,

Downloading now

IHopeItHasSnowdogsFaceOnEchoUnit23SoiCanKeepSlappingIt

Cant wait!!
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    edited July 2017
    5 STARS
    Update

Wow love this title i have restarted 3 times already, this start  :o

It is 9 of 10 for me without Arena. Love this please lets hope for more i actually feel i am part of a sci fi movie

How cool is that!! <3
    Project 2501
    5 STARS
    vannagirl said:
    Update

It is 9 of 10 for me without Arena. Love this please lets hope for more i actually feel i am part of a sci fi movie

How cool is that!! <3
    That's the best feeling. 

You get the sense that if they put more work into it, you could live in this virtual space like some holodeck. 
  • frankelfertfrankelfert Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    5 STARS
    Never head of the game, but because of all the reviews above I desided to buy this one... Wow, what an amazing experience! I really love it!
    5 STARS
    MowTin said:
    vannagirl said:
    Update

How cool is that!! <3
    That's the best feeling. 

You get the sense that if they put more work into it, you could live in this virtual space like some holodeck. 
    Easily Mowtin it gives you faith in future titles
    This has so many i feel i am there moments for me. The char interaction is just awesome

@frankelfert

Ohh nice suprise for you then  :p
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 320
    Trinity
    5 STARS
    One of the best VR games out there.
    Nice storytelling, reasonable length, stunning visuals, superb locomotion, great sense of presence.
  • FliposideFliposide Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    5 STARS
    I just completed it. This by far the best VR experience I have had. The feeling of movement is stunning and I get motion sick really easily but this game has cracked! There is an initial feel of "whoa" but soon passes. The game itself is very compelling and very well voice acted. I had no ideal that the story would go where it went so was a total and pleasant surprise. I just want more now!!

One other thing I have noticed since playing, because of the real feeling of "being there" when I look at my own real hands, I sometimes feel disconnected from them, very wierd. I guess this is a side effect of how real the game feels.

BUY IT!