cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Credit Card to Meta account

LordMelkor
Explorer

Hi All,

Has anyone had trouble adding credit cards to their Oculus Home account?

Everytime I've tried it gives me a message telling me I've entered my cc info incorrectly. But I haven't, and I've tried multiple cards. I called my credit card company to confirm that there's is nothing wrong on my end.

In the ticket I opened (https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/requests/386086), Oculus responded, saying they were looking into it, but it's been almost 2 days and I haven't heard anything back, even after following up.

What is the typical turn around time for support responses?

71 REPLIES 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup same here.

Can't add any of my credit cards to my account, they fail every try. I was able to add my Paypal account but whenever I try to make a purchase it also fails for some reason. My issue started when I tried to purchase the Rift Kit on sale now from Oculus, the purchase on my credit card failed with no reason given.

After 2-3 days of being more or less ignored by Oculus support I found the kit for the same sale price at BestBuy. After getting my Rift setup I tried to add payment methods to my account and found I couldn't. So all I can have are free apps/games at this point.

I have opened a ticket with Oculus and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.. I mean a reply saying "Don't make any purchases, we're investigating"  I think their issue is rather large, I think many are affected right now though my evidence is only anecdotal after doing searches for people talking about similar issues with Oculus..   

LordMelkor
Explorer

GriffJ said:

[...] My issue started when I tried to purchase the Rift Kit on sale now from Oculus, the purchase on my credit card failed with no reason given.

After 2-3 days of being more or less ignored by Oculus support I found the kit for the same sale price at BestBuy. After getting my Rift setup I tried to add payment methods to my account and found I couldn't. So all I can have are free apps/games at this point.

I have opened a ticket with Oculus and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.. I mean a reply saying "Don't make any purchases, we're investigating" [...]
Crazy. I am in literally the EXACT same boat.

Purchase of my Rift kit mysteriously failed--I went and bought the best buy deal instead. Then adding cardto Oculus account failed, I opened a ticket, they said they are "investigating" and they've been ignoring me since, with no updates. So I'm also only stuck with the free stuff.

This is madness.

LordMelkor
Explorer

GriffJ said:

[...] My issue started when I tried to purchase the Rift Kit on sale now from Oculus, the purchase on my credit card failed with no reason given.

I have opened a ticket with Oculus and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.. I mean a reply saying "Don't make any purchases, we're investigating" [...]
Crazy. I am in literally the EXACT same boat.

Purchase of my Rift kit mysteriously failed--I went and bought the best buy deal instead. Then adding cardto Oculus account failed, I opened a ticket, they said they are "investigating" and they've been ignoring me since, with no updates. So I'm also only stuck with the free stuff.

This is madness.

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said I was able to add my Paypal to my Oculus account as a payment method, it all seemed to work just fine until I try to purchase something. 

I get this:  "Error - Request Not Completed - We noticed something unusual and, for your security, this request couldn't be completed. Please try again later, or visit our Help Center."

Hey Oculus, I waive my security..  Let me buy a damn game already. :disappointed:

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry for the wait. We are experiencing heavy ticket volume and responses are delayed. Please be patient and we will get back to you. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

hyde7916
Explorer
We've noticed something unusual and, for your security, this request couldn't be completed. Please try again later, or visit our Help Centre. what's up?? anyone can help me??

Vernix
Explorer
Still happening in December. Can;t add payment details and now they're taunting me with their flash sale goodies. TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY FFS!

BlueIceshard
Explorer
I hope they fix this issue and bring back the sale again, when finally everybody is able to use the store. I am having trouble too, the support was not able to help yet

Vernix
Explorer
UPDATE - got it working.

My initial experience was that whilst I was able to add the card, payment kept failing.
So I removed the card details thinking that I had entered the wrong info, but then found I couldn't add it back in.

Turns out when you add a card, Oculus make a test transaction to check that the card is valid.  I'm in the UK and my bank blocked the transaction (I guess because it was unusual activity).  They sent me a text (YMMV) so that I could confirm the transaction.
Once I'd cleared it with my bank, I was able to re-add the card and everything is working fine. I'm guessing there some security in the background that prevents you adding a card if it's marked as blocked or something.

Hope this helps someone.