I can't add payment method to my account — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I can't add payment method to my account

archaicbereftarchaicbereft Posts: 363
Hiro Protagonist
Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

Almost any idea can seem obvious once the inventor tells you how it works.

Comments

• GriffJGriffJ Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Welcome to the club... 

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/55097/cant-add-my-credit-card-to-oculus-home#latest

They're "investigating"..   Basically their system thinks we're trying to use fake or stolen credit cards and or fraudulent information, and flagging us as security risks.  The issue is entirely with Oculus' system.
  • archaicbereftarchaicbereft Posts: 363
    Hiro Protagonist
    well damn, thanks
  • Steffie46Steffie46 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Apparently I joined the club too. Filed a support ticket...

I remember I had this error too when trying to purchase the Rift on launch day. Then because of those troubles, I refrained from buying the Rift at all. Now a year later it's still the same.

Guess my euros are not good enough...

NerveGear
    Or my Canuckistan Pesos...  But I have the Rift from BestBuy, so perhaps Steam will want my money instead. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You should submit a support ticket. Sometimes these things happen in error and we can work to get your account working. Thanks.
    https://tickets.oculus.com
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • archaicbereftarchaicbereft Posts: 363
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah I have been forced to make all my purchases on steam due to this issue, also bought my rift from best buy
    :(
    I would prefer my games be on home, as I find steam vr kinda clunky.... but whatever
    NerveGear
    You should submit a support ticket. Sometimes these things happen in error and we can work to get your account working. Thanks.
    https://tickets.oculus.com
    I'll say it's an error when your system won't allow me to use ANY payment method!?  Even Paypal will not work. Yes I've been waiting on a resolution for over a week.
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 450
    Trinity
    edited July 2017
    Yup. I just discovered I'm having the same issue.  Located in USA, have more than enough funds in my bank account, and I just pre-ordered Lone Echo this month and it went through just fine.

Not sure what's going on. I've since did a "test" purchase on STEAM which worked without issues. Pretty irritating since there's a few new games I wanted to play this weekend.  I already sent a ticket into Oculus Support, but this situation really sucks !!!
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • elfreak0elfreak0 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Hi
    It happened to me too.
    They accepted the card for the action game back but refused it for the rift. I also tried other payment method with no success.
    It is a bit of a joke if you sell me the games without the headset ordered on the same card. 
  • petebenpeteben Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Same here. I think once their system has you flagged as a possible fraud, it won't let you buy anything or add payment methods. I think they must be paranoid about selling units to unauthorized resellers (aka scalpers). With the price scheduled to go back up in a week or so, some shady types must be trying to buy them in quantity to make a quick buck.

Pete
    Trinity
    edited August 2017
    Yup.  Oculus support is still investigating my issue, so still not able to purchase anything, and not able to add my debit card.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    NerveGear
    Hi, they got back to me 12hrs after sending a ticket saying they are looking into it and to stop trying till they notify me. 

Anyway, I was able to order it using a different account and a different credit card. 

• beezleybeezley Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi,

Having the same problem I have submitted a support ticket, registered the card a month ago after the same problems finally it was registered. Went to buy something earlier today and it asked me to add my credit card again. I have used the card previously with Oculus but there are gremlins in the Oculus end somewhere.

I am now getting the same error again, what gives with the payment system?

Would appreciate if someone can sort this out for me as at the moment I cannot purchase from the store. It is a problem Oculus end as I have spent ages on the phone to the bank, they are just seeing no activity their end.

Maybe you will have to end up giving all the stuff away for free if the payment system isn't fixed :D

cybereality

can you look into this please? I would appreciate it, I missed out on a few deals in summer sale because of payment difficulties sigh :(

Trinity
    Just bought a game I've been waiting to play off STEAM. Wanted to buy it on Oculus store but couldn't wait any longer.

Ball is in your court Oculus.  Fix the dang issues.
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
  • JohSm67JohSm67 Posts: 161
    Art3mis
    We can’t Pay, creditcard don’t Work in Oculus store (getting new Rift’s) but works in Oculus Home!
    PayPal do not either work! Other sites on internet work fine to pay with the cards and Paypal!

Bank says it’s Oculus having issues, ticket created to Oculus but no answer... So this is more than annoying, is it only the EU Store?

/J
    NerveGear
    Problem is everywhere.

My order from a different account with a different card also got cancelled. 

It took them 12hrs to respond after I sent a ticket and after 2 days I received an email saying that they did not forget about me and are still working on the issue and thanking me for my patience blablablabla,
    Not to forget, they had no problem taking the money for the game pack.

Anyway, I ended up ordering from BestBuy Canada. They have it back in stock.

• rasblorasblo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    JohSm67 said:
    We can’t Pay, creditcard don’t Work in Oculus store (getting new Rift’s) but works in Oculus Home!
    PayPal do not either work! Other sites on internet work fine to pay with the cards and Paypal!

Bank says it’s Oculus having issues, ticket created to Oculus but no answer... So this is more than annoying, is it only the EU Store?

/J
    Same here. Just spoke to my bank and they said it's up to Oculus. They even accepted the request and moved the money from my bank account, and AFTER that I got the emails saying it wasn't successful. The ball is all in Oculus court now. Bank even mentioned Oculus could be shady :persevere:
    Trinity
    edited August 2017
    Oculus was able to help me get this issue sorted, so the unfortunate side effect of the Summer Sale seems to be a bogged down customer support and we just have to wait.

However, what I had to do is send them a copy of a government issued ID with my name and address.  So just a heads up to other users with this issue.
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
  • CrowtaranCrowtaran Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Been without a working cable for my cv1 for 2 weeks. No reply from oculus support for over 3 days. It won't even let me order a new cable and pay for it. I am becoming highly disappointed. 
  • raj.janiwar.7raj.janiwar.7 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have try from last 1 month i get an error.
  • CospaceCospace Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issues, months after this was reported by many users. I can only use free apps. I am sad for developers who cannot sell anything, and for all the users that can only play with free stuff.
  • chalkgsychalkgsy Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    SAME. Last thing I purchased was late 2018. I got new VISA cards and now cant add any visa cards or anything from paypal, cards direct or even bank account.

What the fuck is going on?
  • temchiktemchik Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I think I found the problem.
    I always use vpn and when creating an account in the oculus, vpn was turned on. As a result, I could not add any bank card. Then I disconnected the vpn and created a new account and was able to link 2 credit cards that were not accepted 2 minutes ago.
    By the way, if I turn off the vpn and go under the old account, then the bank card is also not added.
    I think that when creating an account, it is assigned a level of trust that cannot be changed. Try to create a new account with a new IP address and add the card.
    Sorry, but English is not my main language, I wrote through Google translator.
  • alexsandro22alexsandro22 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited June 21
    temchik said:
    I think I found the problem.
    I always use vpn and when creating an account in the oculus, vpn was turned on. As a result, I could not add any bank card. Then I disconnected the vpn and created a new account and was able to link 2 credit cards that were not accepted 2 minutes ago.
    By the way, if I turn off the vpn and go under the old account, then the bank card is also not added.
    I think that when creating an account, it is assigned a level of trust that cannot be changed. Try to create a new account with a new IP address and add the card.
    Sorry, but English is not my main language, I wrote through Google translator.
    What vpn do you use? Cause I heard about some versions of Veepn that allow to add bank cards while vpn is turned on. You probably should check them or to read some reviews, maybe it can help you
  • temchiktemchik Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    What vpn do you use? Cause I heard about some versions of vpn that allow to add bank cards while vpn is turned on
    Streisand vpn on OVH
  • alexsandro22alexsandro22 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    temchik said:
    What vpn do you use? Cause I heard about some versions of vpn that allow to add bank cards while vpn is turned on
    Streisand vpn on OVH
    Yes, I heard about it. Maybe you should change it? There are a lot of different kinds more.
  • QVR-DudeQVR-Dude Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I know this won't be ideal for everyone...

step 1: On my Quest, I reset to factory settings with these directions:

A. turned off headset

B. held the power and volume(-) button down simultaneously until boot
    screen in headset appears

C. navigated to factory reset with the volume button

D. re downloaded the Oculus App. onto a different phone(Android) and
    paired up the headset through that, going through each step

----the above instructions for a factory reset were submitted by Cybereality--

What I did that failed...

My headset was initially set up in my name with my credit and debit cards(also in my name).
    With this setup, I could add no payment methods except a PayPal account which failed as
    soon as it got to the list of cards I put on that PayPal account.  I was also setup
    with an account outside of FaceBook(Opting not to link my account to it)

What I did(changed) that worked...

1.  After I started over by factory resetting my headset with the steps above, I downloaded
    the Oculus App on a phone owned by a friend and paired it up on his. 
    2.  That same friend put the headset in his name, completely excluding me from the profile.
    3.  When I had to connect to wifi, I connected to his cable modem at his place.
    4.  When it asked me to add a payment plan,  I used a credit card that was IN MY NAME with
    credit a line of 450.00 dollars and it received it without a problem.

VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND...

THE GLITCH IN THE OCULUS PAYMENT METHOD IS NOT THAT IT INCORRECTLY EXCLUDES
    BANKS AND THE PEOPLE WHO'S NAMES ARE ATTACHED TO THE CARD NUMBERS OF THOSE
    BANKS. 

THE GLITCH IS THAT OCULUS PAYMENT SOFTWARE IS SHUTTING OUT THE
    PROFILES OF PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR OCULUS/FACEBOOK PROFILE NAME AND
    HOW OCULUS, THE VR COMPANY AND FACBOOK, THE SOCIAL NETWORK COMPANY ARE ALLOWED
    TO RELATE!!!  IT SEEMS TO BE THE CASE!!

• hipifreqhipifreq Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just another "can't add payment method" user here...
    I had the issue when I first bought the Rift earlier this year, and after a couple days of waiting on support I was suddenly able to add my card. Support told me they didn't change anything. I later removed my card from my account.
    Now I tried adding that same card back in and same error. Support tells me there's nothing wrong on their end so it must be my bank, despite trying two different cards. I called my bank any they don't even see the request to verify so it's never making it out of Oculus' system to the bank in the first place!

Thankfully Steam has more and more VR games available that work with the Rift.
  • hideman2hideman2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    trying to buy Vader immortal to use with revive but the store refuse any of my cards, what a shitty store, I'm back to Steam.
  • DxrkFateDxrkFate Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
    "Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..