cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body rotation with two hands needed

Vannipo
Protege
Heyho,

I played the first 2 hours of the game. Very nice so far, but I am a bit disappointed about the possibilties to rotate ur body...

Like in Mission:ISS, it's not possible in LoneEcho to grab whatever with ur 2 hands and rotate ur own body where u want. Pressing the sticks is not very immersive and feels strange.

After Mission:ISS I thought, this moving method is standard for all zero gravity games. Cause it's just intuitive.

Please implement this possibility to rotate ur body. Thank u, developers in advance.

Cheers
12 REPLIES 12

xcalibur2k
Explorer
Agreed, I know it make some people sick, but at least make it an option. That and proper wrist booster physics! I need to barrel roll without using f**king joysticks! 😉

Vannipo
Protege
I really would like to know, whether the developers read any of the suggestions.

The Oculus is sold now officially. I think, support is very important.

Archaine
Explorer
Yes,  Please implement this ASAP,   hate using the stick to rotate,  best thing about iss is the two hand rotate!,  was dissapointed not to see the option in this professional release...  on a lighter note,  the environment is beautiful and very interactive.    I am waiting to play when the two handed rotation is implemented, so hopefully in the next patch.

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Agreed

Thmoas
Rising Star
When I enabled barrel roll it surprised me too that it only works using stick. Please enable 2 handed barrel roll, it's the first thing I tried after enabling this option. Also the stick aren't analog but either you roll full speed or don't roll at all. Probably all those things are to prevent people getting sick but for me it would be nice to have.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This was one of the first things I tried as well, it's a bit immersion breaking not being able to turn your body around by holding on to something with two hands (or even one hand for that matter in zero G, but that might be OK as-is for game play reasons? Or make it an option, plus the two-hand rotate thing. Options are always good!). Also the wrist jet's should rotate you if they are in opposite direction.

I'm only about two hours in atm, awesome game so far!

luciano87sp
Explorer
Agree

aerodyne
Protege
+1

DeathsApprentic
Honored Guest
Agreed. Also first thing I tried after enabling.

And I'm saying this, I used to get motion sick in VR quite bad. But by taking it slowly, sticking with it, and plenty of practice I've almost completely gotten rid of it. 

Definitely should be an selectable option. And allow the options as far as technically possible (one hand rotation, thruster rotations) but at least two handed Mission:ISS proves it can be done.

I understand in theory it could create an imbalance in gameplay compared between players who have it on or not. But you already have that with continuous rotation vs not.