Dead & Buried - audio bug, report — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dead & Buried - audio bug, report

ElpocElpoc Posts: 27
Brain Burst
Haven't played for a while, picked up again tonight for a casual session and the audio was screwed. It was fine the lobby except I couldn't hear the sound of my gun firing. But then in game, all I could hear was music and the environmental sound effects (e.g. train arriving at the station). No voices, no character SFX, nothing.
I tried setting my Rift to default audio device etc.
Any help would be great! Thanks.

Comments

• brenfoobrenfoo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue.
  • edfooedfoo Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Someone in another thread posted this solution and it works for me:

"Try going to playback devices. Select Headphones (Rift Audio). Click on Properties. Then open the Advanced tab, and make sure the Default Format is set to "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)". For me, it was set to 48000 Hz for some reason."

• ElpocElpoc Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    ^^didn't try that. Ended up uninstalling & reinstalling which worked.
  • SylverFyreSylverFyre Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue, missing half the audio. Some sound plays fine through both headset speakers, but there's no speech from the ghost guy and no gun sounds. Also I can't get into any game modes after the tutorial. Going to try a reinstall...
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,791 Valuable Player
    I've had some missing sound issues lately as well in this game - restarting the game usually fixes it.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor