New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Echo Arena - Won't Load.

xavier4orxavier4or Posts: 21
Brain Burst
Hi Folks - new Oculus Rift user and loving it so far.

All everything is working great - except Echo Arena game won't load.  I get a Crash Report / BugSplat pop-up window every time.

I have try the usual debug items - un-install, re-install, reboot, etc - but no luck.

Any tips?  Thanks!

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,127 Power Poster
    Did you install the stand-alone copy, or are you trying to load it from the Lone Echo main menu?

If you're trying to load it from Lone Echo, you have to add Echo Arena to your library from the store page. You don't have to download it, but activating the entitlement will make it work from the Lone Echo menu.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • xavier4orxavier4or Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Stand-alone copy.  I don't have / haven't download Lone Echo.
    You could try increasing your Windows pagefile size--that has been the recommended fix for crashes in Lone Echo, so it could possibly also apply to Echo Arena.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Brain Burst
    My current Windows pagefile size was 19.6 MB and I increased to 30 MB.  But no luck. :(

Let me know if you have any other thoughts.
    Try setting it to "Let Windows manage", or try a higher value (like half your RAM). Pagefile is used when you don't have enough RAM, so 30 MB wouldn't likely make a difference.
    Brain Burst
    A small typo on my side - it was 19.6 GB and I increased to 30 GB (not MB).  I have 128 GB of memory and tried up to 64 GB but no still no luck.
    Ah, okay, so probably not a memory issue then. I haven't heard of anyone else not being able to launch it. What video card are you using? There are some known issues for AMD cards with older drivers, so maybe make sure you're using the latest drivers if you haven't already looked at that.
    Brain Burst
    A little different - 2x Xeon E5-2697 and a Nvidia Quadro P5000.  Latest video drivers from Nvidia - I was 1 rev behind - and just updated to the latest release for this card.
    Brain Burst
    Hmmm - anyone have any additional thoughts this issue?  It still happens every time I launch Echo Arena.

Has anyone ever contacted Ready at Dawn for tech support?  I'm now wondering if that would be the right place for debug.

Thanks.
  • EquinesEquines Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I also get a bugsplat every time I try to open it with the stand alone copy. Worked well for about a week, and has now been unplayable for over a month. Tried the same fixes, no luck. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file