New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Would really love to be able to organize my 5 pages of games/apps/stories/ect

thejustchadthejustchad Posts: 11
NerveGear
I would also like to be able to create custom folders or categories. I would love to be able to have a ready to go folder filled with all the best demo choices, for when I'm showing the rift off to visitors. I would also like to be able to separate by required controller types, as well and type of "games" be it story books, room scale, sitting games, or what ever I strikes my fancy. 

Comments

• HeHVRHeHVR Posts: 10
    Brain Burst
    +1 I'm looking for the same opportunities
  • AuktavionAuktavion Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Im also looking for a solution to this, over 150 apps and no way to organize them. Folders would be the most ideal option.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,880 Valuable Player
    Agreed.

It's not a library if you can't move your shelves where you want to, and put what you like on whatever shelf you like.

At the moment it's just a bin. Chuck everything in it and try to find it when you want it. :/
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• savvitosavvito Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    i find it a super idea! at the moment everything is messey there!
  • elrealchiquielrealchiqui Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    Oculus announced last week a huge update for Home: Introducing Rift Core 2.0—Our Biggest Software Update Yet!

I hope we'll see more customizable things :)
  • ThmoasThmoas Posts: 345
    Trinity
    Im guessing Home front end development will slow down (like its already slowing down for months) and their focus is the new version.
  • cero490cero490 Posts: 204
    Nexus 6
    From the sounds of it, the new update will implement such a thing by turning your games into VR cartridges that you will actually interact with - and from where I stand anyways, this implies the ability to shuffle your assortment of game/app cartridges around the way you would like them to be.
  • DaddyCat94114DaddyCat94114 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited September 15
    You can sort them into folders so that they group in the UI:
    With the desktop Oculus app, go to Library; pick an app to categorize; click the ellipsis ... and select Move; Click Add Location; In the file dialog that opens showing your existing apps location; make a directory e.g. "Social", then select Social and click the "Select Folder" button which closes the file selector; finally select that new location as your destination and click the "Move" button.  On the main library list there are sorting options which include location.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,880 Valuable Player
    You can sort them into folders so that they group in the UI:
    With the desktop Oculus app, go to Library; pick an app to categorize; click the ellipsis ... and select Move; Click Add Location; In the file dialog that opens showing your existing apps location; make a directory e.g. "Social", then select Social and click the "Select Folder" button which closes the file selector; finally select that new location as your destination and click the "Move" button.  On the main library list there are sorting options which include location.

If only that was available in October 2017....
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.