New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Support site is down. A little DK2 help would be nice.

seanoliverfarrellseanoliverfarrell Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi, I have just received my first true VR headset, the DK2, and have plugged it into my computer (which exceeds the min. requirements) and yet I am greeted with a display which doesn't turn on and an orange indicator light.

1st attempt: I installed a legacy 0.8.0.0 driver to no avail, the program detected the headset however the demo did not work as the headset maintained it's off screen and orange light. I subsequently uninstalled this.

2nd Attempt: I installed Oculus home, install was fine until I got to the "set up rift" stage. The software was unable to continue due to "hardware errors" and going into the my device section the error was shown to be a "invalid bundle arrangement" Both yielded poor results.
In both instances the sensor did not show any sign of life. Any ideas?
 Many Thanks, Sean

Comments

• DirtBoxDenDirtBoxDen Posts: 55
    Brain Burst
    its probably change now and this wont help but when i had my dk2's which was a while back  i remember i needed to have the dk2 set as a second monitor for it to work

Open display settings with your DK2 connected. Does it show one monitor or two?
    If you have one monitor it should show 2 displays, your monitor and your DK2.

• Murpheus77Murpheus77 Posts: 125
    Art3mis
    You'll definitely need to roll back your GPU driver if using any of the legacy runtimes.   

For Oculus Home, again maybe a case of rolling back your GPU driver until you find the one that works.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,530 Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Oculus Home should work with the DK2, but none of the Setup procedure will work. you just have to click Skip Setup to go straight to the desktop app. It wasn't too hard way back when I last used my DK2, but I'm not sure whether more recent versions of Home have made it more difficult.

If you're trying to use USB3.0, you can try plugging everything into USB2.0. The DK2 and its camera are both USB2.0 devices, and USB2.0 may be more stable and reliable.

DK2 is officially unsupported, so don't expect to get too much assistance from Oculus Support.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,485 Volunteer Moderator
    its probably change now and this wont help but when i had my dk2's which was a while back  i remember i needed to have the dk2 set as a second monitor for it to work

Open display settings with your DK2 connected. Does it show one monitor or two?
    If you have one monitor it should show 2 displays, your monitor and your DK2.

The DK2 will only show up as a display if you are using the 0.6 runtime or earlier. From 0.7 onwards, extended mode was removed and windows won't show the rift as a display.