New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

MEDIUM EVENTS & more!

naomi.cornmannaomi.cornman Posts: 136 Oculus Staff
edited August 2017 in Oculus Medium
Wanted to share this contest that we're sponsoring with Pinshape and Mold3D

Design your avatar using Medium and enter to win Form 2 3D printer (for bringing your sculpts to life), an Oculus Rift + Touch (great for gifting or for your second set up), and more! 

Judges include prominent Medium-artists, Dominic Qwek and Gio Nakpil. 

Share your designs here for inspiration! 

Comments

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    oh cool, will submitting medium designs gives us an equal chance? I want a Form2 :P 
  • naomi.cornmannaomi.cornman Posts: 136 Oculus Staff
    Webinar with Giovanni Nakpil! 

Mold3D Academy is hosting a free 1 hour online class with Gio Nakpil next week! He will be covering VR sculpting techniques and hosting a Q&A session afterwards. Register by following the link:

http://www.mold3d.com/vr-sculpting-webinar

• MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    So this is only valid to folks with a 3D printer?, or as Frozenpea asked can we just submit our sculpts as is from medium?
    PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
    Monstaah said:
    So this is only valid to folks with a 3D printer?, or as Frozenpea asked can we just submit our sculpts as is from medium?
    Yes! You can win a 3D printer, so submitting a Medium sculpt is totally viable! 
    Artist Spotlight featuring Scout Windsor and Studio Share with Oculus Medium Lead Designer, Lydia Choy! 

RSVP to the event here

• Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Monstaah said:

did I miss this?
    who won?>
    Henri1970 said:
    Monstaah said:

did I miss this?
    who won?>
    Winning announcement: https://pinshape.com/blog/announcing-the-avatar-design-contest-winners/
    Last Artist Spotlight of the year with John Orion Young
    Event details here
    We're exited to be joining the fun and horrors at Monsterpalooza, in Pasadena, CA! 
    We'll be showing off epic 3D prints and @gfnakpil will be sculpting live! 

Sculpting Netflix’s Rapture

We're working with Netflix to sculpt in VR the hip-hop artists from Netflix’s Rapture.

Find us Live on Wednesday, April 11 at 1pm PDT 

on the Oculus Medium Facebook page

Excited to announce we'll be at FMX, in Stuttgart Germany, April 24-27. 
     We'll be hosting VR Sculpting workshops taught by @southerngfx
     and demos with @vr_human, open to all FMX attendees. 
    FMX 1-day passes are also available for purchase. 

Grab your spot for our VR Sculpting Workshop now

edited June 1

Sketchfab + Oculus Medium VR Challenge: Claymation Characters

We're working with Sketchfab to challeng you to recreate that claymation characters sculpted in Medium. Participate and you can win an Oculus Sensor (great for a 3-sensor setup for full room-scale VR!) and a set of Oculus Earbuds.

Upload your sculpt to Sketchfab and tag it #ClaymationCharactersChallenge. See full rules here!

Submissions due Monday, May 28 (23:59 New York time – EST).

Winners are announced!! 

Sketchfab + Oculus Medium VR Challenge: Claymation Characters

We're working with Sketchfab to challeng you to recreate that claymation characters sculpted in Medium. Participate and you can win an Oculus Sensor (great for a 3-sensor setup for full room-scale VR!) and a set of Oculus Earbuds.

Upload your sculpt to Sketchfab and tag it #ClaymationCharactersChallenge. See full rules here!

Submissions due Monday, May 28 (23:59 New York time – EST).

This sounds fun! Will try knock something up, and gives me a chance to finally try upload something to sketchfab :P
    Can I just say I uploaded to Sketchfab for the first time today, I can't believe how easy it was! only takes 2 mins, thanks for teaming up and making me finally do it!
    edited May 31
    May Artist Spotlight with Bryant "Momo" Koshu, concept artist at Skydance Interactive! He has recently worked on Archangel Hellfire VR game and had an opportunity to design the mechs and the cockpits for the game in Medium!! 

"Working as a VR concept artist, I've found Oculus Medium to be a highly efficient program for an artist like me to sketch out my ideas very quickly, and effectively."

Missed it live? Catch it all here! 

edited July 19
    July Artist Spotlight with Az Balabanian, Cinematographer, Photogrammetry Artist and VR Director! 
    During the Facebook Live stream, Az will show us how he uses Medium for his photogrammetry projects. Check out some of his incredible work here

Live here! 

Last year, we sponsored a VR Sculpting Workshop, the first of its kind, in partnership with Mold3D. Master sculptor and Oculus Designer Gio Nakpil taught sculpting in Medium to students from Disney, Laika, Sony, Cartoon Network, Dreamworks, Henson and others. This workshop was a highly selective and intensive course, a successful experiment for teaching with, and within, VR.

We're hosting our next workshop with Gio in San Francisco, August 4th & 5th! Spots are limited! 
    http://www.mold3dacademy.com/workshops.html

edited September 4
    Sculpting Contest! Sculpt a scene using the Medium Logo Guys!

It's been 1 month since Medium 2.0 was released. To celebrate, use the Scene Graph and other new features to sculpt a scene with the logo guys as your base sculpt! Winner gets a 3D print. 

See winners here! 

Hey London artists! We're excited to announce we'll be going to Industry Workshops!

Join us for VR Sculpting Workshops with Finnian MacManusLeo Viti, and Glen Southern
    Workshops for Industry Workshops attendees. Sign up here

edited August 23
    August Artist Spotlight with Kent Fremon, Mechanical Engineer and Toy Designer! 
    During the Facebook Live stream, Kent will show us how he uses Medium to design the vinyl toy designed in VR. 

Join us Live here! Thursday, August 23rd, 1-2pm PT. 

September Artist Spotlight with Robin Chyo, Senior Concept Artist at Sanzaru Games! 
    During the Facebook Live stream, Robin will show us how he uses Medium for concept art! 

Join us Live here! Friday, September 14th, 1-2pm PT.