New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

AltspaceVR Shutting Down!

2»

Comments

• KevinakiKevinaki Posts: 222
    Nexus 6
    Well @Stryker1000 I guess we won't be seeing you at the party tonight.  :D
    Nexus 6
    kcampbell said:
    @theicephoenix there's:
    I actually thought Altspace VR was going to be around for a while...
    @lovethis ^^^

You can also add Bigscreen to the list.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,211 Volunteer Moderator
    Went into AltspaceVR for the first time since getting my Touch controls, spent 10 minutes trying to switch it to left-handed controls, discovered that the option doesn't exist, said "Screw these guys" and left.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,185
    Wintermute
    I would've gone, but I didn't know the time of the send off party, and at that time I was down at the local river with the fam after getting my son enrolled at school.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,693 Valuable Player
    edited August 2017

AltspaceVR is back!

Posted on August 15, 2017

It has been a roller coaster of a ride for our team and our community since we announced that AltspaceVR was coming to an end. We are elated to follow up that dismal proclamation with some very good news: AltspaceVR is going to live on. You all made this happen by sharing memories, videos, tweets, and emails. So many of you wrote to us asking if they could donate or help. You told the world how much AltspaceVR meant to you and how you had made good memories and lasting friendships. Your messages of encouragement brought us smiles during a pretty gloomy time.

Thanks to that outpouring of support, we’re now deep in discussions with others who are passionate about AltspaceVR who want to guarantee that our virtual oasis stays open.

Article:
    https://altvr.com/altspacevr-is-back/

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 825
    3Jane
    not bothered either way ...I don't do social media ..... if I feel the need to meet people I`d rather do it face to face down the fkn pub

At least at the pub they're forced to operate under normal social guidelines, that usually get ignored via internet anonymity. I was checking out the new Steam home and this little kid that wouldn't shut the hell up lost my interest quick. Kid was young enough he had trouble pronouncing 'ship' saying 'sip' instead, but he sure could cuss clearly and often.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,693 Valuable Player
    My last experience with Altspace was similarly annoying. I left one Room where a child kept asking me, "what are you doing?!" over and over, incessantly. But I ended up in a room where some fellow was talking politics very loudly (and with little education).

Now that I think of it... that isn't very different from the pub after 1am lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Nexus 6
    I'm happy to see it survive. Hopefully it will come back stronger and not get shutdown within a month due to lack of support.