cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 Hub on my laptop

Scarrymove
Protege
Hello:)

Can i use a USB 3.0 hub so i can use this hub for all my (3) sensors ?
And should i need to buy one with a power adapter ?
My laptop (Asus G752VM is a strong one....... But not many USB because i need a few for other devices too.

I could not find this question in the other forum categories accept for them using a PC and did inserted a extra USB card
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Scarrymove
Protege

MattiMobi said:

If you are using a Thunderbolt 3 port in your pc for USB hub i think it will work well and enough. I am a little sceptical of splitting one USB port into more USB ports, i think the signal will be weak.

Thanks for your answer.... and yes i do have this USB3.1 thunderbolt option  B)
I did not think about that.
Now i did buy a ''sitecom CN-083'' 3.0 hub with power adapter .... and connected 3 minuts ago.... and it works all at 3.0 in my device overview on the oculus !!!

Wonderfull now i can use only 2 ports on my laptop.
The Oculus Rift is on my laptop direct .... and the 3 sensors are inside the hub.

Aswer = solved
Many thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MattiMobi
Protege
If you are using a Thunderbolt 3 port in your pc for USB hub i think it will work well and enough. I am a little sceptical of splitting one USB port into more USB ports, i think the signal will be weak.

Scarrymove
Protege

MattiMobi said:

Thanks for your answer.... and yes i do have this USB3.1 thunderbolt option  B)
I did not think about that.
Now i did buy a ''sitecom CN-083'' 3.0 hub with power adapter .... and connected 3 minuts ago.... and it works all at 3.0 in my device overview on the oculus !!!

Wonderfull now i can use only 2 ports on my laptop.
The Oculus Rift is on my laptop direct .... and the 3 sensors are inside the hub.

Aswer = solved
Many thanks.

MattiMobi
Protege
Awesome man! Enjoy!

Scarrymove
Protege
Poor me now have another issue because the game ''racing'' inside is shocking / fibrating a little.
Make's me very dizzy.
Replacing all USB back to my laptop ports again.... but i think it's another issue.
Have to find another discussion here.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
Any luck with anyone? I just got an Asus G702VSK and also want to do 3 sensors with as simple a setup as possible..  Anyone confirm something that works solidly?

Scarrymove
Protege

Any luck with anyone? I just got an Asus G702VSK and also want to do 3 sensors with as simple a setup as possible..  Anyone confirm something that works solidly?

Hello,
Yes it works absolute great without issue's.
I use the ''sitecom CN-083'' for only 2 sensors and no problem's.
The O.R is with HDMI and USB directly connected in my laptop
And the thirth sensor .... i don't use.......... but wil not be any problem when i add this to my Hub
The stuttering image was caused by the OTT settings.
I deleted the ott text file and it was gone.

Cheers
Paul