cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus, are you joking.....

Jonfun7
Explorer
So I done the test to see if it will work..
0roqsw4dax9z.jpg

So I have ordered and can't wait to play, I have downloaded Oculus software ready for the big day.
hloc3mknse83.jpg

So now this tells me it won't work?

I am so confused. I don't wanna cancel my order. I need a system that will work though.
36 REPLIES 36

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Dont rely on a software tool as your ultimate source of truth for a VR Ready machine. What are your PC specs?

Telorn
Expert Protege
everything should be fine except maybe the graphics card. You'd probably want a 1060 at a minimum. But I haven't used a 1050 so I can't say for sure. I'm running on an AMD 290x without issues.

Jonfun7
Explorer
+ Processor
You have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
- Graphics Card
You have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, which meets or exceeds our minimum system specification.
+ Memory
You have 8 GB of RAM, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
+ Operating System
You're running Windows 10 64-bit, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
+ USB
You have USB 3.0 ports, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
Try reinstalling the software would be a good 1st step

flexy123
Superstar
GTX1050 is on the low-end, but will work. Sorta.

Jonfun7
Explorer
I really hope so, I got PSVR and hope this is better

Syrellaris
Rising Star
The Nvidia GTX 1050 is really at the bottom bracket, the minimum you require to run VR. It can run a handfull of titles on the lowest possible settings. You really want GTX 1060 or greater in this particular case.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
wow that is a poor show!  oculus need to fix that. hopefully you will be ok for most things however. am i right in saying its a laptop so hard to upgrade?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Jonfun7
Explorer
Yes laptop, just annoyed that the software they provide to tell you it will be ok, might be lying.