Finally We Have A Mech Game In VR! ARCHANGEL First 20 Minutes Of Gameplay — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Finally We Have A Mech Game In VR! ARCHANGEL First 20 Minutes Of Gameplay

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 296
Nexus 6

For the longest time I have been wanting the experience of being in a Mech in VR and thanks to ARCHANGEL It is finally here! Overall I was impressed with just how well done this game is. Coming from Skydance I had no doubt this would be extremely cinematic but I wasn't prepared for just how much it would affect my connection towards the characters. With the great graphics, sound, mocap animations and acting I was truly sucked into this games story. The only thing I think that could have made this a much better experience would have been getting it off the rails and giving me full control of my Mech. I went into this game thinking I was not going to enjoy it as much as I did after reading that it was an on rails experience but I guess due to the fact that the rest of the game is so damn good it was easy to overlook this and just enjoy the ride.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    Thanks for sharing, i was wondering about this game myself.. Btw.. what do you have stuck on the front of your Rift xD(the blue part)
  • flybooneflyboone Posts: 84 Quick Draw McGraw
    It's a mount for the leap Motion sensor. Thanks for posting the vid! I've been wondering about this game since it came out for the Rift a few days ago. 
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    edited August 2017
    Yea I just played it today, this is similar to my experiences. I went in expecting to be bored and it sucking but I was very entertained. Being a fan of Mechs and having played Mech games since the early 90's and online with multplayer battletech,3025,mw4, mwo... this game checked almost all the boxes for me. I was really geeking out when I first got into the cockpit. I'd say it's like an interactive universal studios ride or something and I got my money's worth. After about 10 mins I didn't really care that I wasn't driving the Mech, I just imagined I was in a 2 seater and I was commander/gunner lol.
  • KinkyJalepenoKinkyJalepeno Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Sorry but this game is reported to be an on-rails shooter.  No way am I interested in any on-rails game.
    Home built VR rig
    NZXT H440 Black Mid-Tower
    Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake
    Asus Maximus IX Hero mobo
    NVidia 1080ti
    32 Gb Corsair 3200Mhz DDR4
    Corsair H80i liquid cooling