cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#celeste error?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there! So this is my first post on the forum, and I do kind of hate that it's a complaint as I do truly love this software!

I think the customer assistance team has responded to a friend of mine regarding this topic already, but twice now Medium has seemingly crashed during the sculpt and save processes, wiping the size of the sculpt file to 0 KB and responding with a #celeste error when I try to pull the model up in Medium.

I haven't seen anything else about this error anywhere else on the internet but has anyone else run into this?/is there a way to repair my file that anyone would know of? At the very least, is there something I can do to avoid this in the future? Fingers crossed, and thanks so much!
1 REPLY 1

MattHickman
Rising Star
Yeah, Celeste is failing to write the preview image while saving. Shouldn't be crashing, so that's really concerning. 

In the past we've seen this error caused by the user not being an Admin so having read/write issues. If the directory being saved to isn't the primary (C:) drive or being low on disc space. 

If you can give us the crash log we can try and dig into what's causing that. Do you happen to be on a minspec machine? 

you can find the Medium log in \AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium