New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

KryptCrawler Hints, Tips & Discussion (Spoilers!!)

Belwin.EcBelwin.Ec Posts: 8
NerveGear
edited August 2017 in Games and Apps
Since there isn't anything out there that I've found on the subject, I guess I will start it  (:  Also, I'm really enjoying this game.  Probably because I also loved Eye of the Beholder too.  I really do feel like I'm in a dungeon.

I'm stuck in the first test with the misty maze.  I've walked around for about an hour... that's enough time to give up.  Anyone get past this that could help out?

On a side note, that hex to text door was fun - thanks devs!  :smiley: 
<insert silly, witty comment here>

Comments

• Belwin.EcBelwin.Ec Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I got past the three trials... the first one was the worst.  The next two are kind of cake walks in comparison.

NerveGear
    Finished it.  That was a great game, especially for all you dungeon explorers  (:
  • rowee270rowee270 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Is there a good strategy to kill the skeleton with two swords? I've been mainly doing a hit and run to health strategy with them but i'm stuck in a room with 1 of them (plus 2 normal skeletons) where i can't strafe to get my stamina up and i die very quickly.
    NerveGear
    When he yells, he's going to hit you 3 times... keep your shield up the entire time.  Then drop it to catch stamina and find the rhythm of when to shield again and when to drop it.  When at full stamina, smack him 3 times, each time will stop his hits.  Find the rhythm again and get back up to full so you can shield his yelling.

HTH GL

• rowee270rowee270 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thanks Belwin! I knew there was a trick!
  • jgm0416jgm0416 Posts: 5
    NerveGear

For the life of me I can't seem to find the bow, I just finished the third level boss battle and still haven't found it.....any hints as to where it might be?

• bbagnallbbagnall Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    edited September 2017
    jgm0416 said:

For the life of me I can't seem to find the bow, I just finished the third level boss battle and still haven't found it.....any hints as to where it might be?

It's on the prison level with the Warden, which might be level 6 or thereabouts. You need to get through his maze.
    NerveGear
    ah, assumed it would be a lot sooner since you need it to get past some traps. But now I'm stuck in the upper prison level. I have both keys to unlock the door to the lower prison but it still wont open?
  • bbagnallbbagnall Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    Did you defeat the king who was in his throne room? After that you touch a dark sphere and warp to the prison level. It's pretty linear from what I can recall.
    NerveGear
    Yeah I did, and in the first prison level I have completed the entire level.. But in one room there is a door which leads down to the next prison level, it requires two keys, which I found, (red and purple I think). but I've used both keys and the door doesn't open. The key holes are on either side of the door, does the right color key have to be used on the right keyhole? I used the red key on the left keyhole and the purple on the right.
  • jasuk70jasuk70 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi. I'm stuck in the throne room. The skeleton jumps to a ledge and throws three blue balls at me and then summons a minion. I kill minion and he does it again and again and again. Is there something special I need to do to break out of that loop?
    NerveGear
    You have to "bat" the blue balls back at him.  This hurts him to where he will come down and be vulnerable to hammer swings.
    NerveGear
    Thanks. I managed to defeat the skeleton this time. Was something supposed to happen when I picked up the black orb? I'm still in the throne room and didn't teleport anywhere (As mentioned above) is there something else I need to do?
    NerveGear
    After you defeat the skeleton, you go back out and touch the thing in the middle of the room.  Can't remember if it's a blue orb or the cement slab with words... but that will teleport you to the next area.

NerveGear
    Thanks, continuing now :-)
  • PhxJoePhxJoe Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi all, new guy here.  Got here doing a search for Kryptcrawler hints cuz I can't get past the giant spider early in  the game.  All I can do is block his green balls of death for so long before stamina is gone and I die.
    Anyone remember?  Thanks in advance.  
  • paintetdanpaintetdan Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited August 14
    How do you get to the red orb in the Portal Descend level? I've hit the arrow target, but it doesn't seem to open the bars. Any hints? Update: Sorry, I figured it out.
  • paintetdanpaintetdan Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited August 13
    Also, what's the deal with the series of doors that open and reveal a lava path at the bottom of the Portal Ruins level? I can't get the bars open on either side of that room.