How long to get a resolution from support? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How long to get a resolution from support?

NiceMitchNiceMitch Posts: 13
NerveGear
I submitted my ticket last week on July 31st. Understandably, support is probably busy. I've given them logs, videos, serial numbers, photos of serial numbers all to aid in getting a replacement for a defective touch controller. I haven't heard anything in 5 days. What gives? 
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I'm really sorry for this delay. I see your ticket in the queue, but it just needs to be addressed. As you can expect, we are under heavy ticket volume due to the sale and things are slower than normal. That said, I'll see if there is anything I can do. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • NiceMitchNiceMitch Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Thank you Cyber! Keep up the good work, also keep bugging up to your superiors for more support staff :P
  • MexxanMexxan Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Maybe it's to do with priority on issues. I got a response within 24 hours regarding screen tilt - quite impressed. 
  • MexxanMexxan Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    And also really good to see them actively responding to delays - good luck sorting it out.
  • NordicGeckoNordicGecko Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017

NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    NiceMitch said:
    I submitted my ticket last week on July 31st. Understandably, support is probably busy. I've given them logs, videos, serial numbers, photos of serial numbers all to aid in getting a replacement for a defective touch controller. I haven't heard anything in 5 days. What gives? 
    Did you get any news?

If you want you can see if the infrared led lights are working by using the front camera of a smart phone.
    The camera on the same side of the phone screen.

I got one controller who just died after not even a day.

And even if I added to the ticket that it was the problem I think they are still going through the log files.

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry for the run around. There are steps that have to be done before an RMA is approved, even though sometimes it may seem redundant. From the picture, it does seem clearly broken. We don't offer repair service, but we can definitely get you a working replacement. Can you send me a PM with your ticket number? I'll see if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Thank you very much.

I will wait a little though to give them some time to work on the ticket since this happened on Saturday 05 August and we are just Tuesday.
    Actually I don't have anything to complain about the time it took for someone starting to work on my ticket since my ticket has been processed right away (which I was not even expect to have anybody to reply to my ticket before Monda.

So for that part Oculus support team has that really right. And I really appreciated it.

It's just that after I confirmed that it's the controller which is not working and also that I uploaded a photo (not the one above but another one) on which we see the only 2 infrared led which are working on the controller but the other lights don't I have been asked: "Confirmation that there are no objects interfering with your Sensors view."

I can understand that there's a procedure to follow especially if the customer has no clue of what is really broken.

But let's say that even if something that would have interfering with the sensors, that would not have changed the fact the the infrared on the controller don't work.

I will just assume that it's a standard question and that person didn't have the choice to ask it just for the sake of following the procedure. Especially that aside of that question, everything was perfect minus the fact that they could have told me how to check the led. That would have sped up the process for them too.

Anyway, overall, I'm satisfied with the support service.
    - Fast; and
    - Clear instructions. (Just one question that was too much)

And If it's solved by Friday (RMA). Then I would be totally satisfied.

Thank you very much for offering me to look at my ticket. I think they are taking care of it. I will PM you on Friday if I don't hear back from them by then though. 

Thanks again.
    NerveGear
    Just an update,
    Everything have been taken care of and I hope the same for NiceMitch
    I really appreciated the support process (minus a small thing) but actually, I can understand that sometimes it can be customers who are not using the product properly so they have to rule that out. And also, they cannot differentiate by email if the customers knows what is saying or doing from the ones who don't.
    For some people, I would suggest them to buy from a physical store. 
    But anyway, I'm happy on how they handled my trouble ticket.