cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Real name on my account

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Hi Everybody, New here I haven't had a chance to setup my rift yet as I'm on vacation. When I made this account I allowed my phone to auto fill in the fields. Unfortunately the real name part is incorrect and I don't see a way to fix it. 
 Second question, can I install rift software and games on my D drive as my C ssd is nearly full
Thanks 
43 REPLIES 43

Awww come on, what does it say?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Richooal
Consultant

Second question, can I install rift software and games on my D drive as my C ssd is nearly full
Thanks 

The Oculus Setup program will want to install the Oculus Software to the OS drive by default, but it will give you the opportunity to choose a different drive for the games and apps.

(P.S. You can tell us. What's the name?)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Thanks , lol it's nothing bad , just valued customer

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, the name can't be changed. Sorry.
You can choose the D drive when you install Oculus. If you picked the wrong drive, then uninstall reinstall.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Star-lizard
Rising Star

You can choose the D drive when you install Oculus. If you picked the wrong drive, then uninstall reinstall.
Ok thanks, it's not a big deal as long as it doesn't affect my ability to purchase games or affect any warranty, if so please let me know and I'll delete this account and re add new one 

davidb01
Adventurer

Ok thanks, it's not a big deal as long as it doesn't affect my ability to purchase games or affect any warranty, if so please let me know and I'll delete this account and re add new one 

I'd be a bit careful deleting and re-creating your account..... Are your Touch controllers already associated with your original account? Just be careful doing this as the 7 free games get assigned to your account when your Touch controllers are first associated with your account. So deleting the account may loose the games.

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, the real name doesn't affect anything besides what people see in their friend's list (though you can hide your name in the privacy settings if it bothers you).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Star-lizard
Rising Star

davidb01 said:

I'd be a bit careful deleting and re-creating your account..... Are your Touch controllers already associated with your original account? Just be careful doing this as the 7 free games get assigned to your account when your Touch controllers are first associated with your account. So deleting the account may loose the games.

Thanks for the heads up , No I haven't been able to set up or try my rift yet , I hope to set things up this weekend (traveling ATM)

LMUAnimation
Explorer
No, the real name doesn't affect anything besides what people see in their friend's list (though you can hide your name in the privacy settings if it bothers you).

So let me get this straight: the full/real name CANNOT be changed, even though it "doesn't really affect anything"

Why?!? What practical reason can there be for not allowing users to change the name? Originally we could not change our email address or username, but, eventually (after a very long time of waiting), Oculus added this basic functionality, so it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to allow real name changes too. I thought maybe Oculus simply didn't know that people really do want to be able to change their real name, but this forum has multiple threads with people trying to change their real name only to be told that they "can't".

Dear Oculus, please be aware that a person's real name is VERY meaningful to your users and there are many life events in which a person NEED to change their name in an account (transitioning genders, marriage, divorce, adoption, etc).

Sincerely,
Someone who wants to change their "real name" as displayed in their Oculus account for no other reason than because I should be able to but cannot