New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

**NEW *NEW New update for Echo Arena and Lone Echo! PRIVATE MATCHES!!

nalex66nalex66 Posts: 3,350 Power Poster
edited August 31 in Lone Echo / Echo Arena
Patch notes!

Echo Arena: Skill-based matchmaking!

Lone Echo: Performance patch!
i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 997 Poster of the Week
    edited August 10
    Update not available for me atm :cry:

:lol: @

There was a button on Liv’s feet. Who knows what it did, but it’s gone now.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 3,350 Power Poster
    I'm at work right now, but I'm hoping it will be available by the time I get home.

Now that matchmaking is fixed, hopefully the party/invite system will follow soon. It would be nice to set up some games with forum friends!
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,452 Poster of the Week
    nalex66 said:
    I'm at work right now, but I'm hoping it will be available by the time I get home.

Now that matchmaking is fixed, hopefully the party/invite system will follow soon. It would be nice to set up some games with forum friends!
    I have this patch

|I try Arena later and see if the patched somehow improved me sucking  :/
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Mine's updating now :relieved:
    vannagirl said:

Waiting for @snowdog comment...
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,452 Poster of the Week
    edited August 10
    nalex66 said:
    vannagirl said:

Waiting for @snowdog comment...
    hahaha

i am unsure who is worse, you or him
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • xavier4orxavier4or Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Woohoo!

Has this issue been patched as well?
    "Part of the engine had made an assumption on the number of worker threads and that code failed at > 19 cores."
  • flybooneflyboone Posts: 84 Quick Draw McGraw
    All stats except our levels have been reset. I'm a little bummed as I was on the leaderboard for Shooters, but oh well, back at it. Still some bugs, but nothing too bad and skill based matchmaking seems to be working great so far. Hoping for the party system soon as well. 
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
  • shabamalamshabamalam Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thank you Jebus!  All my issues have vanished!  No more crashes at airlock,  no more slideshows outside the ship.  Now I can play!  Thanks to the devs there at Ready at Dawn and to Trash Panda for staying in communication with the board.  It made the wait to play easier to know they understood the problems and were working on a fix.  
  • BB_CoolcatBB_Coolcat Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    There is still no friends/party system? How can there be a team based multiplayer title that can only be played with random people and not with my friends? How can there ever be anything like "E-Sports" you are promoting it for?
    There is still no friends/party system? How can there be a team based multiplayer title that can only be played with random people and not with my friends? How can there ever be anything like "E-Sports" you are promoting it for?
    The Party and Invite systems will be functional before they start any tournaments. Should be in the next patch.
  • netshamannetshaman Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Wildt said:

Don't see such a button ...
    What are you talking about ?

netshaman said:
    Wildt said:

Don't see such a button ...
    What are you talking about ?

That's because it's gone now.  ;)

It's mentioned in the patch notes. I don't remember seeing a button either, but who knows.
  • netshamannetshaman Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    edited August 11
    I have not applied the patch yet, but i don't see this mysterious button either ...
    Perhaps it triggers  a kindt of "easter egg" in the liv' s behavior i guess ?
    Don't know either, i' m just gueessing ...
    Hey devs , what is that button made for ?
    Damnit !

• charyVRcharyVR Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Sounds awesome!
  • VCabrown451VCabrown451 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    This game is amazing , has any one else made it to crew chambers on the visitor ship ? ;) seems the game has stopped  there, been floating around, even went back one level and did again,  have not found any thing too activate.  
    I think that's the part where you need to go below and turn on the generators so you can open the crew cryo-pods. You should be able to check your objective in your arm computer.
  • mugu18mugu18 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I want to play this fantastic game, but i am sure that i am going to have a problem with the language, spanish subtittles please...i want to know everything about the game´s history...

Bye ;)
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    I think that's the part where you need to go below and turn on the generators so you can open the crew cryo-pods. You should be able to check your objective in your arm computer.

You know that's what I thought on the arm computer but for some reason it does not do that , it shows the mission but not the task  thanks going in :p
  • Skaut69Skaut69 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This game is amazing , has any one else made it to crew chambers on the visitor ship ? ;) seems the game has stopped  there, been floating around, even went back one level and did again,  have not found any thing too activate.  

Do you understand that you've just posted a huge spoiler to this game ?
    Meh, it's not really that big of a spoiler. The game trailer shows a ship arriving suddenly near the station--that's a bigger spoiler than a mention of a "visitor" ship.

The "visitor" ship could be something as mundane as a bunch of politicians visiting the space station.
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    Meh, it's not really that big of a spoiler. The game trailer shows a ship arriving suddenly near the station--that's a bigger spoiler than a mention of a "visitor" ship.

The "visitor" ship could be something as mundane as a bunch of politicians visiting the space station.

yea we did say how you do that ,this game is Awesome ,thanks nalex66
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,544
    Project 2501
    The day I see parties finally integrated I will be happy 
    71AWBj.png
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 SLI | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • Namsan_FRNamsan_FR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was very surprised to see that on the patch note
    (If a player's hardware is under 12GB of RAM, default settings will be changed to "Low")

That mean we need 14/16GB to played in Medium ? What about in High ? 32GB ?^^
    I am currently looking for a new PC setup, my old one is a dinosaur ...

- Do i need 32GB to played in the best condition with every option set to High ?
    - Same question about the 1080 or 1080 TI ...

Thanks !

edited August 22
    New patch today!

Patch notes!

Echo Arena: Parties!!

Lone Echo: Optimization and bug fixes.
  • flybooneflyboone Posts: 84 Quick Draw McGraw
    Yeah! Did you get an update Nalex? I'm not seeing one on my side yet. 
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
    edited August 23
    flyboone said:
    Yeah! Did you get an update Nalex? I'm not seeing one on my side yet. 
    I've just now got on my computer (busy day), and it's currently downloading. No update showing for Lone Echo though, just Echo Arena.
    nalex66 said:
    Echo Arena: Parties!!

• LilTrashPandaLilTrashPanda Posts: 65 Ready At Dawn
    Hi everyone!

As a reminder, the devs are very active on our Discord server; we'd love to have you join us there. We have channels for finding friends to party with, reporting bugs quickly (and so we can chat back and get more info from you just as fast), as well as channels dedicated to teaming up with others for the upcoming tournaments.

You can join the Discord by clicking on this invite code: https://discord.gg/bPB7v8d
    Another new patch for Echo Arena!

Patch notes!

Private Matches! Faster pod animation! No more release handle in arena pods! Matchmaking tweaks!