New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Error with Lone Echo

CPackrunCPackrun Posts: 3
NerveGear

So I just bought Lone Echo and when I tried playing it I got this error:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. (OVR75318303) If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help. Package ready-at-dawn-lone-echo (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

I tried restarting the Oculus App, my computer, and I reinstalled the game. I keep getting this error. 

Any help out there?

Comments

• CPackrunCPackrun Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    NVM Might have figured it out
  • JDW007JDW007 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    how did you figure it out...I got this error also...and now can't play game

• LilTrashPandaLilTrashPanda Posts: 65 Ready At Dawn
    Hi @JDW007,

I haven't seen this error before, but does reinstalling the app resolve it? You might also try force-restarting the Oculus desktop app (you can do this by clicking the cog wheel -> Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus). After it's restarting, you could then log out and log back in and that could resolve this error.

Please let us know if any of the steps above resolve this issue for you!
  • Marculus_AuriftulusMarculus_Auriftulus Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    I am getting the same error message and have not been able to play Lone Echo since the update. 
    NerveGear
    Tried rebooting and cog wheel -> Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus ... but no joy... 
    If I reinstall will I lose my progress in the game?  Does reinstalling even solve the problem?
    NerveGear
    ***Workaround*** ... McAfee didn't like something about this update  and quarantined LoneEcho.exe which is located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe.  I restored the file and tried to start the game from the Oculus app interface and McAfee promptly quarantined LoneEcho.exe again.  I restored the file and set an exception in McAfee firewall for LoneEcho.exe but it quarantined again.  I restored again and scanned the file with McAfee and McAfee finds no problem with the file.  I then launched LoneEcho.exe by double clicking on it directly from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe and I was able to play the game.  So I've placed a shortcut to LoneEcho.exe on my desktop and I start the game from the shortcut.
    NerveGear
    Update: McAfee has started quarantining the file again and I can't launch the executable from it's home directory. 

From McAfee LiveSafe: 
    Threats Detected
    JTI/Suspect!65750

This appears to be a false positive but I'm still looking for a fix.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,178 Oculus Staff
    If you are having this issue, can you please upload your Oculus LogGatherer log file?
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    Also, if you believe you found a conflict, such as with McAfee anti-virus, can you take screenshots of the anti-virus error/quarantine popups or any additional information that may help us track this down? Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    If you are having this issue, can you please upload your Oculus LogGatherer log file?
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    Also, if you believe you found a conflict, such as with McAfee anti-virus, can you take screenshots of the anti-virus error/quarantine popups or any additional information that may help us track this down? Thanks.
    yes, will do.  I'm in the process of registering an account at McAfee to let them know about this and see if there's some help for this on their end.
    Love your username @Marculus_Auriftulus
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Love your username @Marculus_Auriftulus

Then you will like this.  
    NerveGear
    Here's the log.
    NerveGear

Here's the screen shot.
    NerveGear
    Here's a link to a discussion on McAfee of a similar problem involving the game "Just Cause 3" and the same "JTI/Suspect!65750" threat report.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/93704?start=0&tstart=0

OK, thanks. I don't see much in those logs, but I'll have someone else take a look.
    NerveGear
    I've added LoneEcho.exe as an excluded file from realtime scanning in McAfee LiveSafe (Right click on McAfee Icon in the system tray > Change Settings > Real-time Scanning > Excluded Files > Add File > Browse to LoneEcho.exe and add to Excluded Files).  Lone Echo runs fine now.
  • CPackrunCPackrun Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Update: McAfee has started quarantining the file again and I can't launch the executable from it's home directory. 

From McAfee LiveSafe: 
    Threats Detected
    JTI/Suspect!65750

This appears to be a false positive but I'm still looking for a fix.
    I literally just deleted McAfee, I couldnt figure out how to make it think it was fine, do I got rid of the program.
  • majlightmajlight Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same issue now.  I've read thru all these threads and dont see any solution other than removing mcafee?  I tried the mcafee workaround and it didn't work.     I have lone echo and it shows this error OVR75318303 - no matter where I open it from .    Echo Arena works fine and Oculus Home and every other thing I just installed two days ago.   Brand new computer, brand new rift, and I love the game...  got about two hours in and today...  This.   With respect it does not seem as though the moderators are taking this seriously for their front page / console selling IP.   Please focus your attn on this until it is resolved.

Thanks.
    NerveGear
    The answer for me was to simply exclude the Lone Echo executable from scanning by right clicking on McAfee Icon in the system tray > Change Settings > Real-time Scanning > Excluded Files > Add File > Browse to LoneEcho.exe and add to Excluded Files.  Lone Echo runs just dandy now.  The file is located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe.

• LilTrashPandaLilTrashPanda Posts: 65 Ready At Dawn
    Hi everyone,

We've reached out to McAfee about this to request that they please add Lone Echo to their safe programs list to prevent this issue. Until then, please try the steps that @Marculus_Auriftulus suggested:
    I've added LoneEcho.exe as an excluded file from real-time scanning in McAfee LiveSafe (Right click on McAfee Icon in the system tray > Change Settings > Real-time Scanning > Excluded Files > Add File > Browse to LoneEcho.exe and add to Excluded Files).  Lone Echo runs fine now.

Thank you for the reports! We're hoping to hear they've updated their software soon so this is no longer an issue.

NerveGear
    The file is located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe.

I should add to this that if the LoneEcho.exe executable is not located in this directory that means that your antivirus program has quarantined the file and removed it from the directory and you need to go into your antivirus program and find the program's quarantined files and hit "restore" to return this file to it's original location in this directory.  Probably best to reboot at this point and then after rebooting check that the file is still back in it's original folder, then go into your antivirus program and exclude the file from scanning.