cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start Lone Echo after update today (solved, see post)

jru
Explorer

Leider ist etwas schiefgelaufen. Bitte versuche es später erneut. (OVR75318303)

Sollte das Problem erneut auftreten, wende dich bitte an den Oculus-Support, um Hilfe zu erhalten.
Package ready-at-dawn-lone-echo (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

6 REPLIES 6

jru
Explorer

HELP

Package ready-at-dawn-lone-echo (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

jru
Explorer

Updated Graphics Driver, rebooted PC... same error message.

Can I uninstall and reinstall without loss of my Standings and without having to buy again?

Thanks for any replies
Juerg

Marculus_Aurift
Explorer
Hi Juerg, I had the same problem yesterday after the update and here's a workaround that worked for me. McAfee didn't like something about this update and quarantined LoneEcho.exe which is located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe.  I restored the file and tried to start the game from the Oculus app interface and McAfee promptly quarantined LoneEcho.exe again.  I restored the file and set an exception in McAfee firewall for LoneEcho.exe but it quarantined again.  I restored again and scanned the file with McAfee and McAfee finds no problem with the file.  I then launched LoneEcho.exe by double clicking on it directly from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe and I was able to play the game.  So I've placed a shortcut to LoneEcho.exe on my desktop and I now start the game from the shortcut. 

Hope this works for you, too.

Marculus_Aurift
Explorer
Update: McAfee has started quarantining the file again and I can't launch the executable from it's home directory.

From McAfee LiveSafe:
Threats Detected
JTI/Suspect!65750

This appears to be a false positive but I'm still looking for a fix.

jru
Explorer

Hi Marculus.

Thanks for your post. I wanted to try the same as you.

Unfortunately there is no EXE-file with this Name in my Folder. I can find only BsSndRpt64.exe, but I can't run this, because of lots of Parameters awaited from the exe.

I had the idea to uninstall and reinstall the game, but all my efforts in the game would be lost, as the utility says.

Hopefully there is some Action either from Oculus or McAfee or maybe some other crack has a solution.

jru
Explorer

Hi Folks

I could solve my Problem (couldn't start and no LoneEcho.exe in the directory) as follows, without loosing my progress in the game:

First I copied the whole directory "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo" to another Place.
Next I uninstalled LoneEcho.
Then I reinstalled it (this time the exe was where it had to be)(C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe)
To have my Progress in the game back, I copied the exe to the saved (old) installation.
At last I copied the whole saved installation to the original place (overwrite)
To make sure McAfee will accept the file, I excluded LoneEcho.exe from beeing scaned.

Now my game works fine and I can resume it where I had stoped.  

I hope I could help any other players with this.