cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 Etron EJ168 - Minor issues, but it works...definitely maybe.

GrumpySoldier
Protege
I'm basically just posting this as a PSA. I couldn't find an answer as to whether or not it would work prior to plugging the Rift into it. FWIW, the compatibility tool says no.

The mobo is a 990FXA-UD7, with an 8350, 8Gb RAM, and a GTX1070. OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

I have the Rift plugged into a USB 3.0 port (Etron EJ168), and both sensors are plugged into USB 2 ports (with one controller per sensor).

Setup detected everything, no problems.

The only issues I have had so far:

- Intermittent audio...removed/disabled the Rift headphones, just using a pair of bud-style earphones for the moment.

- If the Rift is plugged into the USB 3.0 port when the PC boots, it will BSOD a few minutes or so after the desktop appears...bit of a PITA having to unplug it every time I boot/restart the PC, but it's the lesser of two evils so I won't complain.

Asides from that, it's working fine.  🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT (20/8): After 4 days without missing a beat, I unplugged the headset on Monday arvo (the 14th) and put it back in the box while I gave my computer desk a clean up. After plugging it back in on Wednesday (the 16th), it now blue screens within seconds of putting the headset on, every single time.

Nothing I've tried has worked and the reason for the BSOD is different every time.

The ONLY things that changed between Monday and Wednesday were:

- I updated my GOG Galaxy client.
- nvidia released a new driver.
- My antivirus (BitDefender) updated itself.

So one of the above, or maybe just aging hardware (almost 5 yrs old, heavy use), has temporarily put an end to my fun.  😐

0 REPLIES 0