New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Red dot and sound

petiteprof79petiteprof79 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi, I would like to show people what I see in my GearVR during presentations on VR in education. However, the red dot in the picture really bothers me and I also need to chromecast sound. Is there any way to get sound while chromecasting? It is enabled in the app but when I launch applications I am notified sound is disabled. Would that be an Oculus problem or depend on the app? As soon as I take the phone out of the GearVR sound is back. 

Comments

• JMDaemonJMDaemon Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2017
    Nope. It is a very gimped feature atm. The whole sound thing is "apps are defaulted to off when streaming unless a flag is set on"... well if the app is never updated to set the flag on then you will never get sound. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Audio on Chromecasting is not supported on some apps, due to an issue with how the app may have been developed. If the software detects you are running an unsupported app, then audio will be disabled for that app specifically. Other apps may still work with audio.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ElChileVengadorElChileVengador Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi I'm a developer and am running into this issue, is there any where you can point us to on how to solve this issue on our app?