cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best definitive way to dust off/clean lenses on cv1?

HiCZoK
Protege
Mine is coming sometime next week and I've read countless posts about people scratching their lenses with anything they've tried. Even included cloth. I am not wearing glasses btw and I know to blew out dust before cleaning.
I had some scratches on dk1 and none on dk2 but I want to focus on gaming and enjoying myself rather than babying over the lenses like crazy. I only got widmovr so far (the dude who owns the company is awesome) so foam is taken care off. Just need some solution for lenses.

How does glasses cleaning wet wipes work?
Should I get other microfiber cloth?
Should I get a brush or some lens pen? If so, which one?
Would hyperkin protector be ok? I don't like idea of putting screen protector on there.. and it's stupidly expensive here (Poland)

Are lenses plastic or glass?
7 REPLIES 7

Roaster
Rising Star
I'm not tech support.
Lenses are plastic, so fragile.
Do not use wet method according to oculus.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have mentioned the best way to clean lens in a previous post:

"Try using distilled water/deionized water and microfibre cloth. Dampen the cloth to clean the lenses and use another cloth to dry it."

HiCZoK
Protege
So just water. That's good to hear. I clean my monitor this way too

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not from a tap though as that can contain minerals or other substances that can cause streaks.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
What about spring water or boiled water allowed to cool, is that any better? I assume most bottled water is filtered from the tap water.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

MikeF
Trustee
been using the included cloth on my cv1 since launch and not a single scratch

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MikeF said:

been using the included cloth on my cv1 since launch and not a single scratch

Lol, same here - used it since 2017, it's "The Holy Cloth  o:)" - only for CV1 use! 

Oculus says only use the cloth, don't apply any liquids. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"