New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Problems with some games/apps after AMD Radeon RX 480 driver updates. (Medium / Quill)

counterfeit187counterfeit187 Posts: 3
NerveGear
I have troubles with some Oculus apps and an AMD Radeon RX 480. I get terrible jutter and artifacts in Medium and Quill if I use a driver newer than 17.4.4. I have only tested a few drivers between that and the current (17.7.2) but I think ALL drivers after 17.4.4 cause the issues where Medium and Quill are basically unusable because it seems like the whole image redraws or refreshes when I turn my head. There's also tremendous lag in brushstrokes.  In the meantime I've rolled back my drivers (actually went all out and used the DDU to make sure to get rid of all drivers and reinstall the last working driver) but feel like I'm missing out on graphics and performance improvements in other games. Anyways I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem or would try to see if it's reproducible. 

Currently it says i'm 
Driver Packaging Version
17.10.1731-170424a2-313745C-CrimsonReLive

Other system specs:
  • CPU Type AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
  • System Memory 8 GB
  • Windows Version Windows 10 (64 bit)

Comments

• cleanupdisccleanupdisc Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    edited August 12
    Just revert your driver to 17.4.4!!! All drivers after are optional.... which basically means a beta.
  • counterfeit187counterfeit187 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Just revert your driver to 17.4.4!!! All drivers after are optional.... which basically means a beta.
    I already have, but I was looking to see if this was a known issue with this graphics card or just my setup specifically. I've also pointed out that some other games seem slightly better on newer drivers, but thanks for such helpful feedback. Do you have the same card and problems?