cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressing any of those Rift Audio problems

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
A great article was published that takes a look at the various ways a user can encounter audio issues with their Rift. Including software-based and hardware-based problems.

https://www.vrheads.com/how-fix-oculus-rift-audio-problems

I recently started losing sound on my left speaker. All I had to do was tighten the black plastic screw using a flathead screwdiver. It took over a year of regular use before that screw loosened enough to cause issues. Easy fix.

Hope this article helps others.

1 REPLY 1

edfoo
Explorer
There is one audio problem me and a few others have experienced with our RIft. In certain games part of audio is muted i.e. Dead and Buried, I could only hear the music part of the game but the voice and sound effect parts were missing. i could see the character on screen talking to me with his mouth moving but no voice coming out of my Rift headphone at all.

The solution that works for me is to right click on the Speakers on the right bottom corner of the Windows desktop -> click on Playback Devices -> click on Rift headphone -> click on Properties button -> click on Advanced tab -> I could see my Default Format was set to 16-bit, 2 channel, 48000Hz (DVD quality). Changed to 16-bit, 2 channel, 44100Hz (CD quality) and that fixes the problem.