New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Soulkeeper VR

bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,590 Valuable Player
Looks promising... Possibly a bit like skyrim but for vr? Anyone here backing it?

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)

Comments

• ICEMAN_2049ICEMAN_2049 Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    Is this co-op??? Would be great to play it in co-op!! 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,528 Valuable Player
    edited March 6
    The latest trailer looks truly awesome too - but not much is happening, it's a long time since the last update. With a game this advanced, maybe the devs bit off more than they could chew... It's been early access since August 2017. Then again, with the amount of work already been done as shown in the trailer, it's hard to imagine that the devs aren't working hard to finish the game - and the trailer does say "2019"... 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/442660/The_SoulKeeper_VR/

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Some SoulKeeper VR screenshots:

Texture quality looks awesome:

Mage's Tale for grown ups ;)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,848 Valuable Player
    Looks amazing, I was wondering what had happened to this! Any sign of a release date yet?
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    snowdog said:
    Looks amazing, I was wondering what had happened to this! Any sign of a release date yet?

Unfortunately no, this is the latest info from the devs (Discord):

Q: Should I buy the game right now or wait till Early Access 2 is released?
    A: While it would be great to have your financial support already, we encourage everyone to buy the game once Early Access 2 is released. Reason for that is because Early Access 1 is a different game than Early Access 2 will be. Early Access 1 was in very early stages, with a lot of experimentation in the mechanics, and a very linear approach. Early Access 2 is going to be what we always intended anything with the brand name of "The SoulKeeper" to be; an open world RPG. Therefore we are talking about two completely different experiences, the second one being the one we always truly intended to share with you.

Q: When is Early Access 2 being released?
    A: The plan is for 2019.

Q: When in 2019?
    A: That depends on a lot of things. Could be in a month from now, could be in a quarter, could be December 31st, 2019. It is still in development, and a bunch of processes including the Beta Testing, will determine when the time is right for a release.

Source: https://discordapp.com/channels/319897587379339285/543104164637704192

In short - don't buy the current Early Access 1 version, wait for Early Access 2 - or the final version. Final version will probably not happen in 2019... 

• AlextendedAlextended Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    Soulkeeper will hopefully become a good game. Today we'll get Shadow Legend but that one's apparently a very short experience so it only hints at what a full VR RPG could be like. I'm still getting it though even if it's only 5--10 joyful hours.

It's the drawback to all the innovation indie devs do for VR, they just don't have the budget for some super long polished experience so we end up with what feels like tech demos of aspects that are good enough to become VR mainstays. Like the physics melee in Blade & Sorcery which is awesome but it only amounts to a wave arena game and nothing more. On the other hand Asgard's Wrath by Oculus might be a bigger or more polished game but not as ambitious at its core, the combat in it looks far more gamey with less simulated aspects from what we've seen. I'll still get it though, probably.
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 786
    3Jane
    Looks absolutely amazing and well polished, will definitely be buying this day 1! :)
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 210
    Nexus 6
    Yours truly will be beta testing this...soon!!! NDA of course!!!
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 952
    Neo
    edited March 9
    Looks really good, glad they have not rushed out a linear game.