New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do you add Steam VR games to Oculus Home?

shadow9d9shadow9d9 Posts: 11
NerveGear
I clicked unknown sources, but nothing is showing up still.  What steps do I need to take next?

Thanks!

Comments

• JaimieVandenberghJaimieVandenbergh Posts: 207
    Nexus 6
    You don't (well, unless I've missed something - happy if I have!). You need to launch the games from Steam instead. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,695 Valuable Player
    I don't know about a Steam Library game, ie a game launched from within the Steam interface. But I have IL-2 and it currently only uses SteamVR, and it did get added to my Oculus Home Library for launching from within it. It added it after launching it for the first time after this update came through.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • shadow9d9shadow9d9 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Ok, I figured it out.  With this newest update, click on on unknown sources.  Then, have the oculus app open and launch steam vr.  This will add steamvr's icon to your library.  Then, launch a game, and that game will now be added to the library.  Just launch a game to add the icon. 
  • SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    I've got a few games where Oculus Home has created a link, but the link does nothing. I can't remove the link and try again as it's been stated if you remove the link it won't re-add it.

Is there no configuration file you can directly edit to the correct Steam game launch address?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,695 Valuable Player
    Sitruz said:
    I've got a few games where Oculus Home has created a link, but the link does nothing. I can't remove the link and try again as it's been stated if you remove the link it won't re-add it.

Is there no configuration file you can directly edit to the correct Steam game launch address?

Yeah having that problem with DCS as well, have couple versions and neither link in OH  will launch the game properly. It launches to the hangar, but no menu gui at all. All ok launching outside of Oculus Home.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • SitruzSitruz Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    dburne said:
    Sitruz said:

Yeah having that problem with DCS as well, have couple versions and neither link in OH  will launch the game properly. It launches to the hangar, but no menu gui at all. All ok launching outside of Oculus Home.
    Yep that's exactly what I get. Also works fine launching the games from Steam menu.
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I also have Steam games that don't show up on Oculus home menu (some do though I have no idea why) but the ones that don't show, I simply open Steam from Oculus home go to Steam home and launch from there.