cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent back my rift for replacement, haven't received a new one since 3 weeks

Inditronic
Explorer
H, 
i had an issue with one of the audio outputs on my rift. i sent my rift back to customer support. this is now nearly 3 weeks ago and the only think that supports tell me is that it takes more time because of summer of rift. would be nice to know how long it would take. its nearly a month now without my rift and there is so much new amazing software out there i want to enjoy (lone echo for example) . what are your experiences, how long does a replacement normally take?
25 REPLIES 25

cybereality
Grand Champion
Really sorry for the delay. Normally RMAs can take 8-12 business days (from time you ship the old unit to when we ship the new unit). However, things are crazy because of the sale and everything is taking more time. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really sorry for the delay. Normally RMAs can take 8-12 business days (from time you ship the old unit to when we ship the new unit). However, things are crazy because of the sale and everything is taking more time. Sorry.

As someone in the same position (coming up on 10 working days since delivery to Oculus), I agree that it would be good to know how much more time. Presumably it would be possible to assess backlog size and the team's work-rate (allowing for leave and a margin for sickness) and come up with a timescale that Oculus could commit to, given the RMA place in the queue? I'd rather get an email confirming it was going to be another 14 working days guaranteed than have the possibility it was going to be 3 months more.

RaptorMaster300
Honored Guest
Hey guys... Same Problem for me... Waiting now 3 weeks for my new rift... Support says they cant Tell me how long it takes cause summer of rift... You say up to 3 month? Are they kidding us??? Iam verry angry about this

Inditronic
Explorer
you might begin to start thinking that they first give the available capacity to the new rift owners to not disappoint them and then take care about the replacements.  the whole rma process is really bad. it took many emails with the same information from my side again and again before the support agreed to replace my rift. next time i will wait till the items get available on amazon and the order from them. if you need a replacement there they sent you a new unit and then you have to sent the old unit back, oculus should have the same process. or they should at least have told me that i can do the replacement after the summer of rift and use my headphones in between instead of the build in audio solution.

RaptorMaster300
Honored Guest
Yes, i think You are right... To buy at Amazon where the better choice! So now we sitting in the same boat

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
I had an email from Oculus to say I would get a replacement within 12 days! it's now day 12 and still no replacement?
Had I known about the delays, I would NEVER have sent it back. I would have persevered with my issues as it's just Wi-Fi related.
ALSO as a YouTuber covering Oculus games for 8 months now, my channel is now suffering. I have missed 3 review deadlines for developers and I feel like I have let them down.
I'm not asking for favourtism, but this delay is not acceptable and Oculus needs to realise it's a serious blow to their credibility for letting it's passionate fans and owners down.

☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

Inditronic
Explorer
Day 12 LoL. i sent mine to Oculus on  26.07.2017 so i can only laugh about 12 Days. Its now 18 business Days for me. Maybe the should give us some goodies to make us happy again. I heared lone echo is great and i don't own it (planing to buy it when my replacement unit arrives). maybe Oculus can give us some store credit or stuff like that as a little appreciation to the ppl who bought it at the beginning and now have to deal with the early errors that a product has.

saschk79
Honored Guest
Same here.... I sent mine back on 21.07. already and still nothing besides the usual messages from the support "The warehouse is still working on your replacement ... please wait".
Very frustrating GRRRRRR!
But I like the idea with a little store credit :smiley:

cybereality
Grand Champion
Again, really sorry. We are doing everything possible to get these RMA requests completed but I understand the wait time has been longer than is reasonable. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV