cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did you buy your rift? the poll

stargate88
Protege
I think it would be quite interesting to know how the "summer of sale" changed the adoption of VR and especially the rift.
I think that even at one point developers may have to switch their mindset to develop for Rift first and then port it to Vive.
Note that it's only a poll based on people viewing this post and deciding to vote. So if this forum has mostly early adapters, this may not be totally accurate.
14 REPLIES 14

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I bought mine before the summer sale.

My roommate ordered his at the begining of the summer sale and he got the Headset in three weeks but the touch controllers two weeks later.

I ordered a Rift/touch combo two weeks ago for my Sister and her husbands Christmass gift and they got it in two days so Amazon must have restocked.
They didnt wait for christmass to open it lol.
WAAAGH!

stargate88
Protege
Steam has some more stats: http://imgur.com/gallery/GCQmY
My feeling is that August 2017 means 1st of August.
If the sales of August were as good as in July (Summer sale started July 10th), that puts Rift to 0.24%, just above HTC Vive (let be realistic, nobody bought the Vive during the summer sales 😉 ).
That would also mean that Rift owners increased of 71% in 2 months.

Vive la VR!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I got mine around April/May of 2016. And there are still games that I played back then that I thoroughly enjoy to this day. In particular, Darknet and Eve Valkyrie. 

Richooal
Consultant
I actually ordered mine the day before the sale started, but they contacted me to allow me to cancel and re-order at the new price (thanks Oculus)

More stats.......
Since the Summer sale, forum members have increased, on average, by 815 PER DAY. In the week preceding the sale it was 299 per day.

New members doesn't equal new Rifts, but it must be pretty close.
kuouesant8mt.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Percy1983
Superstar
I had mine pre ordered before release so way before the summer sale, just looking at the amount of new members and this pole it looks like the lower price has done wonders for the number of Rift's out there.

Happy days indeed.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

bigmike20vt
Visionary
pre-ordered on the opening of pre-order day. due to initial shock at the price i delayed by 10mins... which put me about a month back in the queue. 

No regrets so far.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Steam has some more stats: http://imgur.com/gallery/GCQmY
My feeling is that August 2017 means 1st of August.
If the sales of August were as good as in July (Summer sale started July 10th), that puts Rift to 0.24%, just above HTC Vive (let be realistic, nobody bought the Vive during the summer sales 😉 ).
That would also mean that Rift owners increased of 71% in 2 months.

Vive la VR!

i really do not care whether its rift, vive or DK2.

its just good to see VR slowly but steadily gaining traction. not sure what the tipping point is before it becomes a "no brainer" to include VR modes into certain types of games, but the sooner that gets here the better.

(after playing landfall it occurs to be how good pretty much all RTS games would be in VR... imagine if XCOM had a VR "chess board" view option). 

My totally ignorant view is not that much work to implement and it would be the only way i would play if it was an option.....
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

elboffor
Consultant
Can you imagine planetary anhilation in VR!

I can but dream...
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

frankelfert
Protege
I wanted to try the Oculus, but coudn't find any location to try... I was to expensive in my eyes to try/buy it, but then the summer deal arrived... So I bought it and hoped for the best.....

I'm in love now with the Oculus!