cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus screen problem (Help!)

bastien5555
Honored Guest
Hi everyone 🙂
So here's my problem, hope you can help me with it : My oculus is doing well with games i found on "RiftEnabled" but when i try to play TF2 (Or Minecrift for example), well, there's a problem with the view.. I don't really know how to explain this, the view is not right, i can't see with my both eyes, i have to close one eye to see a part of the screen or the other one for the other part of the screen. If i look with both eyes the screen looks kinda crushed (Almost see everything in double)
Also no head tracking for tf2
Before you ask, yes i did the install as explained and everything that goes with it (idp and stuff)
I hope this i clear enough, my english is kinda bad when it comes to technical stuff :s
Can post more info if needed, has someone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

geekmaster
Protege
"bastien5555" wrote:
... when i try to play TF2 (Or Minecrift for example), well, there's a problem with the view.. I don't really know how to explain this, the view is not right, i can't see with my both eyes, i have to close one eye to see a part of the screen or the other one for the other part of the screen. If i look with both eyes the screen looks kinda crushed (Almost see everything in double)
Also no head tracking for tf2
Before you ask, yes i did the install as explained and everything that goes with it (idp and stuff)
I hope this i clear enough, my english is kinda bad when it comes to technical stuff :s
Can post more info if needed, has someone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Have you enabled stereoscopic 3D mode for these games? Your "everything that goes with it (idp and stuff)" comment conflicts with the symptoms you described, so you may have missed a step.

Just to be sure you used the CORRECT procedures (not everything posted on the interwebz is accurate), I have provided some useful links below.

Here is the official TF2 Rift user guide:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Oculus_Rift_User_Guide

In that guide, they recommend playing TF2 in 2D mode on your desktop monitor before trying it in the Rift. You are probably in 2D mode (but using the wrong monitor). Read that guide for more details.

It sounds like you may also be using MineCraft in 2D desktop mode. Here is a thread (and a guide) about how to setup MineCraft for use with the Rift:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2401

bastien5555
Honored Guest
Thank you for your quick responce Geekmaster ! 🙂
Yep sorry, as i said my english is kinda bad so i may have not explained as i wanted to ^^
Thanks for the links, i don't really know how but now it seems to work for TF2 so it's all good ! 🙂
For Minecraft it's as you said, probably the same problem, i'm gonna check your link right now..
Anyway, thanks again, this topic can be closed now. 🙂