R9 380 on oculus — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

R9 380 on oculus

spathasxspathasx Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello guys, i have a amd r9 380 black plate with 4gb and i want to buy the oculus. I wanna know if i buy it i must change my gpu to connect or i can play with low grafics. If i am right r9 290 is weak against r9 380 but l am scared for connection.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry, that card is below the requirements. It may still work, but it will likely be a sub-par experience. You may want to to consider running the Oculus Compatibility Tool and updating your system if anything fails. 
    https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/170128916778795
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • spathasxspathasx Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Ok, thank you so much i will try.
  • luciano87spluciano87sp Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    I have the same. R9 380 and I can play all games perfectly. Lone Echo, RoboRecall, Unspoken, Batman...
    Medium to High grafics... and I have 8gb RAM and my processor is AMD FX 8350
  • KuramaYangKuramaYang Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can you still get the oculus to run with a Radeon R9 380?
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,696 Valuable Player
    Wait, is an R9 380  less powerful than an R9 290X???   If so, then I really don't understand the naming scheme of graphics cards, lol.
    Tips for fixing / reducing Rift-S issues:
    • Make sure your graphics drivers and windows updates are completely up-to-date.
    • Disable USB power saving on any ports you'll be plugging Rift-S into.
    • Access Windows "Power and Sleep" settings, Advanced Settings, and disable any other automatic power-saving.
    • Be patient for fixes from Oculus.