cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right headphone died - Need help with warranty claim.

interceptor3277
Honored Guest
A few backs back I was struck by the infamous loss of audio in my right earphone.  Since I was aware of the obvious product flaw from the MANY discussions here and on Reddit, I immediately contact Oculus Support and jumped through the hoops I knew I would be asked to jump through.  (As a launch day pre-order, I am of course out of warranty, but hoped for the best.)  Since I doubt it will be covered, I am looking into the extended warranty offered by my credit card.  Unfortunately, one item that they require is a repair estimate from a licensed technician.  I explained that there ARE no authorized repair centers, but they still require a letter explaining that the item cannot be repaired by one of these non-existent technicians.  Has anybody else been through this (infuriating) process, and if so where can I obtain an official document proving that repairs are not offered?  
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem on the left but I purchased in earphones but i still have the problem on the left but i still trying contacting Support for a week now for my problem and never got a message back i got my rift at March 9 2017 also I can't purchase any thing on the oculus store it keep saying error on my card but there is no error  with my card

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few backs back I was struck by the infamous loss of audio in my right earphone.  Since I was aware of the obvious product flaw from the MANY discussions here and on Reddit, I immediately contact Oculus Support and jumped through the hoops I knew I would be asked to jump through.  (As a launch day pre-order, I am of course out of warranty, but hoped for the best.)  Since I doubt it will be covered, I am looking into the extended warranty offered by my credit card.  Unfortunately, one item that they require is a repair estimate from a licensed technician.  I explained that there ARE no authorized repair centers, but they still require a letter explaining that the item cannot be repaired by one of these non-existent technicians.  Has anybody else been through this (infuriating) process, and if so where can I obtain an official document proving that repairs are not offered?  

Did you have any luck securing the necessary document?  I'm currently in the same boat and my credit card company has requested the same.