New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Apollo 11 stuck on "Get Comfortable, push the A button"

DoubleZer0DoubleZer0 Posts: 6
NerveGear
I have the Oculus Touch bundle.  It tells me that Apollo 11: VR Experience can be played with the Touch Controller in lieu of a controller.  When you first launch the software, it says "Get comfortable, push the A button" or something to that effect.  I have pushed every button possible but no effect.  It just sits there on that screen although I can look around and everything is responsive.

Any ideas how to get past this screen?  The touch controllers work in a number of other games I have used on the Oculus software, and no issue as of yet.  Thanks.

Comments

• DoubleZer0DoubleZer0 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Anyone else experienced this?  I saw a Reddit post on the same topic from a while ago but the solution was never discussed.  Thanks
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 987
    3Jane
    When you first launch the software, it says "Get comfortable, push the A button"

If you've pressed button "A" and it's not working, then obviously you're not comfortable yet. Adjust your seat height or backrest. Even try using a cushion. When you are truly comfortable, press "A".

If that doesn't work. Have you got another controller plugged in? You may need to remove it then try.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    NerveGear
    I was pretty damn comfortable each time I tried it out.  I don't have any other controller plugged in, but perhaps the game thinks some other USB device should be sending some input.  I'll try unplugging some stuff and go from there.  
    NerveGear
    No effect by unplugging extra USB controllers.  Tried everything I can think of, including what is recommened in this Reddit post: 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4qff0n/apollo_11_vr_experience_cant_get_passed_the_get/

Anyone else have any solutions?
    NerveGear
    One final bump to find some answers hopefully.  I'll really like to launch this (as I paid for it) and currently unable to do so.  Thanks
    NerveGear
    No idea what changed, but it works now.  Maybe it was the last update, maybe it was playing around with the registry and installing Xbox 360 controller drivers, not sure.  Great experience so far, although I can't land on the damn moon to save my life
  • AaronIversAaronIvers Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited September 2017
    i am having this same issue. Have had the app installed for about a month, although have not used it until today. Upon starting it i too got stuck at the same screen, my touch controllers unresponsive. I tried downloading the xbox 360 and xbox one drivers and software but still no go. Any ideas?
    NerveGear
    Does anybody have any clues as to why the "touch as gamepad" feature will not work for this experience?
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 987
    3Jane
    i am having this same issue. Have had the app installed for about a month, although have not used it until today. Upon starting it i too got stuck at the same screen, my touch controllers unresponsive. I tried downloading the xbox 360 and xbox one drivers and software but still no go. Any ideas?
    If you're trying to get the Touch Controllers to work why are you downloading XBox drivers? They don't use xbox drivers.
    Just in case you haven't read the whole thread, if you have a Xbox controller plugged in, try removing it first.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    NerveGear
    I don't know haha, the OP just stated that they downloaded the Xbox drivers and it may have been what caused their controllers to start working with Apollo 11. I have been through the entire thread and tried everything including the Xbox drivers and unplugging any other USB devices etc. The game still will not recognize my touch controllers. The only button that works once I get to this "get comfortable" screen is the oculus menu button.
  • trek554trek554 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2017
    same problem here so yet another VR game with issues. that is FOUR of the games I have tried playing in the last 2 days that have game breaking issues. 

EDIT: restarting the game with my xbox one controller in my hand seemed to work. the first time I tried to play I had launched it with the touch controller and then picked up the xbox one controller so I guess that was causing the issue. 
  • KNP54KNP54 Posts: 254
    Nexus 6
    The reason for this problem is very simple, sometimes when starting Apollo 11, the game window isn't in focus. Just peek at your monitor and click the Apollo 11 window with your mouse to put it in focus, then the game will work normally.
    Specs: i7-8086k @ 5.0 GHz all cores delidded, NZXT X52 cooler, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz, ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, Corsair SF600 platinum, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB + 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB, Louqe Ghost S1, Asus PB287Q 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 1680x1050 @ 60Hz. Oculus Rift CV1.
  • MekiasMekias Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited April 2018
    Just bought this on sale and, like above, I can't get the touch controllers to work for Apollo 11.  Only button that will work is the Oculus menu button.  I don't have an Oculus remote or Xbox controller and I would prefer not having to use my keyboard for this.  Any ideas?  I clicked on the window to put it in focus but it still wouldn't register.

Thanks.
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist
    Do you have Windows 10? The Touch cannot be emulated as a gamepad otherwise.

https://support.oculus.com/1031743910299392/
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,522 Valuable Player
    Richooal said:
    When you first launch the software, it says "Get comfortable, push the A button"

If you've pressed button "A" and it's not working, then obviously you're not comfortable yet. Adjust your seat height or backrest. Even try using a cushion. When you are truly comfortable, press "A".

If that doesn't work. Have you got another controller plugged in? You may need to remove it then try.

I never knew the Rift could detect if you were comfortable. Good job not all games use this comfortable detection because I'd never get to play any..
  • MekiasMekias Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited April 2018
    Neokin said:
    Do you have Windows 10? The Touch cannot be emulated as a gamepad otherwise.

https://support.oculus.com/1031743910299392/

Ahh, okay, that must be it.  This computer is still on Windows 7.  I should be getting my new computer in a week or so.  I'll wait and try it out then.

Thanks, Neokin.

• NeokinNeokin Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist
    You're welcome ;)