cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apollo 11 stuck on "Get Comfortable, push the A button"

DoubleZer0
Honored Guest
I have the Oculus Touch bundle.  It tells me that Apollo 11: VR Experience can be played with the Touch Controller in lieu of a controller.  When you first launch the software, it says "Get comfortable, push the A button" or something to that effect.  I have pushed every button possible but no effect.  It just sits there on that screen although I can look around and everything is responsive.

Any ideas how to get past this screen?  The touch controllers work in a number of other games I have used on the Oculus software, and no issue as of yet.  Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

DoubleZer0
Honored Guest
Anyone else experienced this?  I saw a Reddit post on the same topic from a while ago but the solution was never discussed.  Thanks

Richooal
Consultant

When you first launch the software, it says "Get comfortable, push the A button"

If you've pressed button "A" and it's not working, then obviously you're not comfortable yet. Adjust your seat height or backrest. Even try using a cushion. When you are truly comfortable, press "A".

If that doesn't work. Have you got another controller plugged in? You may need to remove it then try.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

DoubleZer0
Honored Guest
I was pretty damn comfortable each time I tried it out.  I don't have any other controller plugged in, but perhaps the game thinks some other USB device should be sending some input.  I'll try unplugging some stuff and go from there.  

DoubleZer0
Honored Guest
No effect by unplugging extra USB controllers.  Tried everything I can think of, including what is recommened in this Reddit post: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4qff0n/apollo_11_vr_experience_cant_get_passed_the_get/

Anyone else have any solutions?

DoubleZer0
Honored Guest
One final bump to find some answers hopefully.  I'll really like to launch this (as I paid for it) and currently unable to do so.  Thanks

DoubleZer0
Honored Guest
No idea what changed, but it works now.  Maybe it was the last update, maybe it was playing around with the registry and installing Xbox 360 controller drivers, not sure.  Great experience so far, although I can't land on the damn moon to save my life

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am having this same issue. Have had the app installed for about a month, although have not used it until today. Upon starting it i too got stuck at the same screen, my touch controllers unresponsive. I tried downloading the xbox 360 and xbox one drivers and software but still no go. Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody have any clues as to why the "touch as gamepad" feature will not work for this experience?

Richooal
Consultant

i am having this same issue. Have had the app installed for about a month, although have not used it until today. Upon starting it i too got stuck at the same screen, my touch controllers unresponsive. I tried downloading the xbox 360 and xbox one drivers and software but still no go. Any ideas?

If you're trying to get the Touch Controllers to work why are you downloading XBox drivers? They don't use xbox drivers.
Just in case you haven't read the whole thread, if you have a Xbox controller plugged in, try removing it first.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.