cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in update loop on PC Rift

Scotchegg72
Honored Guest

New Rift owner here. Had a blast the first day with Rift but second day I keep getting a message that an update is required. When I click 'Update' it changes to a black window saying it's updating which then immediately closes and then opens Oculus Home app again with the original message that an update is required.

This same loop keeps repeating. I can still use the Rift by ignoring the Home app on my desktop and in the Rift display but obviously it's very annoying.

I've seen lots of reports of an update loop for Gear but not for PC Rift. So basically my questions are:

1) Is there a way around this without uninstalling / reinstalling the Home app? 

2) If I do need to reinstall the app does that mean I have to reinstall all my games? 

3) Does this have anything to do with trying to run the SDK to get the debug tool (which I then found out is already included with recent Home versions.

Cheers in advance...

5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app. Even better, run the setup again and choose Repair, that could fix some issues like this. Repair will keep all your games. Uninstall will remove the games, but should keep your saved game files. You will need to download everything again though.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Scotchegg72
Honored Guest
Cheers, repair did the trick. 

ImpliedConsent
Honored Guest
Thanks for the Repair fix. I was also stuck in the loop. Did Repair, it downloaded 1.7GB of goodly stuff and now works well. 

Pcacella
Honored Guest
Rapair not solved. Same problem here,

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a similar loop before my Clean Install. Try switching PC OFF, disconnect your HMD on both cables and Sensors too. Restart PC. Switch OFF. Reconnect HMD only. Restart PC and run Oculus then Run SETUP and then plugin your USBs.
WIN10 does not fully close APPs to allow Firmware and other Updates to complete is the issue.