Did you mean: 

My s8 does nothing when connected to the headset

REPLAYB
Honored Guest
S7 edge works s8.just wont have it
6 REPLIES 6

Zaw208
Explorer
That's strange. Which Gear version do you have? I would look into which mode you're in, High Performance is a requirement right?

someonex
Honored Guest
I have the same problem with my headset, there's no solution yet, the oculus support is unable to help with this either.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are you sure you got the right model? There are many Gear VR versions and the older ones won't necessarily support the newer phones.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket for assistance. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Irving_Washingt
Honored Guest
I have a similar issue. It used to work but no longer does. Works in my friend's s8. I've tried disabling/clearing data and reinstalling for all the vr and oculus apps. I've tried a factory reset. Still doesn't do anything. Reinstalled all the apps again. Still nothing. My phone usb-c still works so I don't think it's the connection either. Rebooted lots. Tried an older version of the oculus app. I also disabled app power monitor, still nothing. It can recognize the controller but not the headset. I've found a lot of threads online with similar issues but no solution so far.

Irving_Washingt
Honored Guest
I haven't been able to fix this. I contacted oculus support who responded
that because my S8 is unlocked (not locked to a cell carrier) it is not
supported by gear VR and they can't guarantee that it would work.
The fact that Gear VR does not support unlocked S8 phones would explain why so many people seem to be experiencing this problem. Unfortunately with no support the only hope for the Gear VR to function again is if a future android update happens to be compatible with the software. It would be nice if they either chose to support unlocked S8s or actually disclosed that unlocked S8s were not compatible rather than marketing it as a product for the S8.