New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robo Recall will not start

Just got the rift just so I could play Robo Recall.  Other games seem to work.  When I try to start Robo Recall from my library, a unreal window opens for less then a second, then disappears.  No error message of any kind.
-Uninstalled and reinstalled
-Rebooted several times
-Graphics card on most recent driver

Specs
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
Processor: i5-4690K 3.5GHz
Power : 750W
Graphics card: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Try allowing the RoboRecall exe file in Windows Firewall. Also, make sure your Windows Update is fully up to date. Then install these to be safe.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/552194/#Comment_552194

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ssamayoassamayoa Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I just read someone on another post that his problem was Windows virtual memory, he/she incremented and game started.

I guess 8GB is the bare minimum, you should buy more memory.

Regards!
  • blondespot11blondespot11 Posts: 4
    NerveGear

@cybereality.  thank so much. It worked great.  I really appreciate your help.                    

@ssamayoa .  Yeah I was thinking the same thing.  gonna order more next week.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    So glad I could help.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV